Need Help! Fanuc OM-B / Cortini BF400 can't move axes after repair - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fanuc OM-B / Cortini BF400 can't move axes after repair

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Fanuc OM-B / Cortini BF400 can't move axes after repair

We have no idea as to why. You are going to need the ladder printout as these are coils in the ladder that must be turned on. Might be time to do the conversion route to LinuxCNC

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by drdos View Post
    We have no idea as to why. You are going to need the ladder printout as these are coils in the ladder that must be turned on. Might be time to do the conversion route to LinuxCNC
    Geeez this was not what i was expecting when changing some cables...

So if i'm understanding this right. even if i fix the cause that set the machine in interlock something in the ladder must be turned on? and ladder printout is not possible?

Br Victor

Downloads
    Uploads

The Ladders on a machines that large may not be very big at all and if lucky they have labels in the ladder ?
    First Rung to check is Machine ready condition if its on or not -------On this Rung would be the power on switch and a few other inputs easy to find -------This is the fastest and easy way to trouble shoot this machine ---Without these conditions being met nothing happens ------------In them it will also give the sequence for the homing of the Axis and if something is holding that off will show you
    Goto control panel and Push the Param/Dia button and see what comes up and should show a ladder button -----Just press same button a couple of times you should be able to see them

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Granathe View Post
    Geeez this was not what i was expecting when changing some cables...

So if i'm understanding this right. even if i fix the cause that set the machine in interlock something in the ladder must be turned on? and ladder printout is not possible?

Br Victor
    If you get the conditions right then you will back in business. All I am saying without a clue as to what the conditions are then what chances do you have?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by lshingleton View Post
    The Ladders on a machines that large may not be very big at all and if lucky they have labels in the ladder ?
    First Rung to check is Machine ready condition if its on or not -------On this Rung would be the power on switch and a few other inputs easy to find -------This is the fastest and easy way to trouble shoot this machine ---Without these conditions being met nothing happens ------------In them it will also give the sequence for the homing of the Axis and if something is holding that off will show you
    Goto control panel and Push the Param/Dia button and see what comes up and should show a ladder button -----Just press same button a couple of times you should be able to see them
    Ishingleton: Fanuc doesn't allow the ladder on a 0MB to be displayed. This happened when Fanuc released the 0MC version. Then Fanuc didn't allow and labels (Symbols or Comments). Without a printout from the manufacture you are only guessing whats whats

Downloads
    Uploads

Ok that is good news!

It's a pretty basic machine and i know what cables i have messed with so i guess there must be something wrong there.

I guess the main question i had was if the machine dont move beqause i have messed up the wiring or if something got out of sync and needed correction in the software? But then the wrong wiring is the most likley cause?

Br Victor

Downloads
    Uploads

Even if not labeled its really not hard on a machine this size to figure out what basic Rungs it needs to get going
    Check X and Y inputs and outpuits and move a few buttons and record them and Start and Feed Hold and you will be on your way
    The Ladders were usually done by the machine supplier so someone has to have access some how even through the connection direct to the PLC side in the Cabinet

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12