Serial Communication Fanuc 160i-L

Thread: Serial Communication Fanuc 160i-L

Downloads
    Uploads

Question Serial Communication Fanuc 160i-L

Hello ,

i have a problem connecting our Amada laser with Fanuc 160i-L controller with our PC.

i try to follow all settings in the manual but i'm still not able to connecting .
    i use the same serial cable i use on our other machines , for example with 21i .
    i suppose this should work to still.

the settings i did for now are:

0020 : 2 " RS-232C serial port 2 " (inside its connected to second connector of JD36A Board , so 2 i think? )

0101 : 0000 0001

0102 :0 " RS-232-C (control codes DC1 to DC4 used) "

0103 : 11 "Baudrate = 9600"

maybe you can help me out with this , it would help me a lot to go on ,

and maybe if someone know the pasword i need to see my ladder program in this machine it would be very helpful. i could us this to to see where the machine is stuck and why the laser keeps starting up and keeps waiting to be ready.

is this fanuc password or amada pasword?

i suppose i should be able to see the ladder to diagnose?
    i can on my other machines but this one seems to be protected.

thanks a lot anyway!

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Serial Communication Fanuc 160i-L

Your ladder password is set by Amada. If you post the ladder we can see what the password is.

Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads
    Uploads

The generic ladder password on a Fanuc is the letter L.

The 2nd physical RS232 connection on a Fanuc Control is generally a paid option. It's possible yours is not activated.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by the_gentlegiant View Post
    The generic ladder password on a Fanuc is the letter L.
    On 2nd thought, drdos is probably right. Let me change to... the generic password on a Mori Seiki Fanuc is L. All other manufacturers is a shot in the dark. To me anyway.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello Thanks , yes I tried L already,

and before i can send the ladder i need to communicate so i can download it first . and since there's a serial 25pin port installed and named CH1 i suppose its activated and can be used?

Downloads
    Uploads

Doesn't that control have a PCMCIA card slot? I think that's where you would offload the ladder.

I was looking in my Hardware Connection Manual for 16i18i controls, (model A) and it really depends on how your machine is configured as to what you have both in capabilities and connections.

I not very familiar with the newer i controls. I have one on a lathe but it's the one I know the least about.

All the Fanuc manuals can be found for free on the www. Look them up.

Downloads
    Uploads

I think that you are trying to use the wrong channel (port). There are 2 serial ports on the Fanuc 160i-L control. The first is the PCR-20 Honda connect called JD36A that shows up as Channel 0 or 1. The 2nd is JD36B - but that needs another option to it. Thus you should have the current device as 0 in the SETTINGS screen, or if you want set Parameters 20, 21, 22, 23 (foreground and background, input and output) to 0 and then parameter 101 should be "10000001" for "No Feed" (nulls at the ends) and 2 stop bits. So set your PC to communicate with Even parity, 7 Data bits and 2 Stop bits. The Parameter 102 is the device type = 0 is right for regular serial. Then parmeter 103 is BAUD - 10 =4800, 11 = 9600, 12 = 19200.

You can test by not having a Fanuc serial cable connected to a port and punching. Note that Fanuc uses a special cable end for its null modem connection - namely that pins 6, 8 & 20 must be jumpered. If they are not (or there is no cable attached to the port), you will get a Carrier Detect type of alarm - so then you know you have the right device selected.

Always start by punching - also make sure that the SETTING screen has punch in ISO = 1.