Takisawa Mac V4/V5 Fanuc 11M. Need help with settings after system failure.

Thread: Takisawa Mac V4/V5 Fanuc 11M. Need help with settings after system failure.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Takisawa Mac V4/V5 Fanuc 11M. Need help with settings after system failure.

Hello all. I'm new to this forum so I apologize if this is not in the correct place or if what I'm asking for is outside the etiquette of this forum.

At work we have a Takisawa Mac V4/V5 (it says V4 but some of the features as well as the cassette are from a V5). It recently had a problem where it booted into a weird menu and I ended up having to enter out options as well as load a backup of our parameters.

What we didn't know is that the keep relays, counters, timers, and data tables were separate from the parameters. After going through all our manuals and books we are now down to the data tables.

If someone has one of these machines that works, can you help us determine the data settings? I can walk you through the process of finding the screen we are looking for.

The reason we need this is because that is where the tools are set. The manuals aren't super clear and when trying to follow them to the letter, we don't see what the book tells us to enter. I'm sure we have something simple that isn't correct. I should also note that we don't really care what tools are in which pot, we just need each pot to have a unique tool in it.

Also, as a bit of background on this machine: the company I work for bought this machine new in the mid 80s. So, we have all the documentation for it. I've contacted Takisawa USA in the past and received a response but I got a reply saying something about the group name and not having permission or something. So, that isn't going to work. We are going to try giving them a call this week as well.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Takisawa Mac V4/V5 Fanuc 11M. Need help with settings after system failure.

Quote Originally Posted by pmk223 View Post
    Hello all. I'm new to this forum so I apologize if this is not in the correct place or if what I'm asking for is outside the etiquette of this forum.

At work we have a Takisawa Mac V4/V5 (it says V4 but some of the features as well as the cassette are from a V5). It recently had a problem where it booted into a weird menu and I ended up having to enter out options as well as load a backup of our parameters.

What we didn't know is that the keep relays, counters, timers, and data tables were separate from the parameters. After going through all our manuals and books we are now down to the data tables.

If someone has one of these machines that works, can you help us determine the data settings? I can walk you through the process of finding the screen we are looking for.

The reason we need this is because that is where the tools are set. The manuals aren't super clear and when trying to follow them to the letter, we don't see what the book tells us to enter. I'm sure we have something simple that isn't correct. I should also note that we don't really care what tools are in which pot, we just need each pot to have a unique tool in it.

Also, as a bit of background on this machine: the company I work for bought this machine new in the mid 80s. So, we have all the documentation for it. I've contacted Takisawa USA in the past and received a response but I got a reply saying something about the group name and not having permission or something. So, that isn't going to work. We are going to try giving them a call this week as well.
    Hello:

You said you have all of the parameters of the machine.
    Do you have PMC parameters? Usually those are located in the back of the LADDER manual.
    Do you know if you have those parameters? (PMC PARAMETERS)

Regards
    AlexFanuc

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by alexfanuc View Post
    Hello:

You said you have all of the parameters of the machine.
    Do you have PMC parameters? Usually those are located in the back of the LADDER manual.
    Do you know if you have those parameters? (PMC PARAMETERS)

Regards
    AlexFanuc
    We have some parameters from the back of the ladder manual. That's where we got the timers, counters, and keep relay settings. But, the data settings are kind of cryptic and we can't see how they line up with what the machine shows.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Takisawa Mac V4/V5 Fanuc 11M. Need help with settings after system failure.

We have some parameters from the back of the ladder manual. That's where we got the timers, counters, and keep relay settings. But, the data settings are kind of cryptic and we can't see how they line up with what the machine shows.
    Would you please show a photograph of the DATA parameters in your manual?

Thanks

Regards

AlexFanuc

Downloads
    Uploads

Would you please show a photograph of the DATA parameters in your manual?

Thanks

Regards

AlexFanuc
    Hopefully the attachment shows up. This list shows D2 D5 D6.7 D6.9 D10 and D11-D34. We see D2 D5 and D10.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Takisawa Mac V4/V5 Fanuc 11M. Need help with settings after system failure.-20210114_112800-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Hopefully the attachment shows up. This list shows D2 D5 D6.7 D6.9 D10 and D11-D34. We see D2 D5 and D10.
    In your CNC screen
    What do you have in your DATA table?

Downloads
    Uploads

In your CNC screen
    What do you have in your DATA table?
    The first picture is what we first first saw. The big green square is a 0 that is highlighted. We put in a 24 for the number of pots we have. The second and third pictures are the effects of doing that. The las picture is a new data table that was created after putting in 24. The top says 001 and goes to 024 before going back to the list from the second and third pictures.

We may have came across someone with one of these machines. Hopefully between your help and their help, we'll get this figured out. Also, let me know if you need me to be more clear on anything and thank you for taking the time to help.

Downloads
    Uploads

Here's the first two pictures

- - - Updated - - -

Here's the last two pictures.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Takisawa Mac V4/V5 Fanuc 11M. Need help with settings after system failure.-20210114_131444-jpg   Takisawa Mac V4/V5 Fanuc 11M. Need help with settings after system failure.-20210114_131507-jpg   Takisawa Mac V4/V5 Fanuc 11M. Need help with settings after system failure.-20210114_131520-jpg   Takisawa Mac V4/V5 Fanuc 11M. Need help with settings after system failure.-20210114_131540-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

In your manual. Is there only one page for DATA table?

Downloads
    Uploads

In your manual. Is there only one page for DATA table?
    Yes. This is also listed, I noticed the D# but I can't make much of this.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Takisawa Mac V4/V5 Fanuc 11M. Need help with settings after system failure.-16106620302101940252219233321805-jpg   Takisawa Mac V4/V5 Fanuc 11M. Need help with settings after system failure.-16106620546101679799317346514172-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes. This is also listed, I noticed the D# but I can't make much of this.
    Are you sure this manual is for this type of control FANUC 11?

Downloads
    Uploads

Are you sure this manual is for this type of control FANUC 11?
    It doesn't specify the controller but it does specify that machine and it's the only mac V4 this company has owned. Being as we aquire it new, I'd imagine it came with the machine with the other 5 or so books that we have for it. That being said, I can't be completely sure.