Need Help! CNC lathe alarm

Thread: CNC lathe alarm

Downloads
    Uploads

Default CNC lathe alarm

Our LMW CNC lathe is throwing a turret alarm A2.7 and A2.3. Request help as we do not have the electrical manual. It is a 2007 machone with Fanuc oi mate-TC control. The error is appearing after every half an hour. The turret is hydraulically operated. Model is LMW LL20T L3. Greatly appreciate if someone could share its electrical manual.

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CNC lathe alarm-img-20201216-wa0004-jpg   CNC lathe alarm-img-20201216-wa0003-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: CNC lathe alarm

Maybe there's a hydraulic issue.?

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

That A2.7 can be searched in the ladder. Your clamp switch isn't always making. Could be it needs adjusting.

Downloads
    Uploads

Does this happen in the same part of the program each time or at various places?

I have a Fanuc 18i Mori lathe that would hang on indexing the turret if you left the last cut and headed for a safe turret change zone using G53 without a G0 or G1 move off the part first. Especially after some automated cycle. Strangest thing ever. Took me awhile to figure it out because it didn't make sense. But that's what it was doing. Wasn't hydraulics or anything.

Does your turret index under manual indexing without fail, even after many many tries? Mine would. That's why I figured it was something else. Which as I said... it was.

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes. It sometimes could occur even 10 minutes apart kr 15 minutes apart. The consistency of the alarm does tend to increase with use as the day proceeds. A lack of electrical manual (machine was bought used) is making it difficult. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by the_gentlegiant View Post
    Does this happen in the same part of the program each time or at various places?

I have a Fanuc 18i Mori lathe that would hang on indexing the turret if you left the last cut and headed for a safe turret change zone using G53 without a G0 or G1 move off the part first. Especially after some automated cycle. Strangest thing ever. Took me awhile to figure it out because it didn't make sense. But that's what it was doing. Wasn't hydraulics or anything.

Does your turret index under manual indexing without fail, even after many many tries? Mine would. That's why I figured it was something else. Which as I said... it was.

Downloads
    Uploads

You need to adjust the sensors on the right side of your machine. open the cover you will fing small probes with lights on it for Z and X axis. around 4 to 6 probes. you need to keep them at a distance of the thickness of a visiting card.