Help with Fanuc Motor making crazy loud noise

Thread: Help with Fanuc Motor making crazy loud noise

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Help with Fanuc Motor making crazy loud noise

Good morning all, I am trying to get a Miyano Mechron TSV-33 drill and tap machine working. When I bought it it had a servo alarm error. I replaced the servo amplifier and now there's no alarm codes. Z-axis (tool spindle) works, I can move it with the handle/pulse coder. When I try to move the Y or X axis (table) it will all of a sudden make a horribly loud buzzing noise and not move the table. Does not set off an alarm, but I did cut power as fast as I could. I wired the servo amp the same way the other one was wired in All 3 axis are run on the one servo amp.

Has anyone ever experienced something like this before?

I did disconnect the motor leads and checked Ohms from each phase to ground. Open line on all/no conductivity. So I think the motors are all good.

Any tips or tricks would be much appreciated.

(Running Fanuc O-M controls)

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Help with Fanuc Motor making crazy loud noise

One thing I would do on a machine that sat for awhile is with the power off, open a cover or two and try to turn the screws by hand. Make sure the table and saddle aren't stuck.

Not sure if all Series O controls have it available, but see if you can bring up the servo monitor screen and check the current levels of the servo amps at rest. You might have to change a parameter to get the servo monitor screen to be available. Dig in your manuals and look into the display settings. If it's working it will be some combination of soft and arrow keys to get you to the monitor screen.

And of course, triple check your wiring. You said you checked for shorts to ground. That doesn't tell you if the motor is good, only that it's not shorted to ground. Disconnect the 3 motor leads at the amp and record the ohm readings between lead pairs. You should get fairly consistent reading across all three motors unless your spindle servo happens to be larger then the rest. You might get something different there. There might be small differences because of different motor cable lengths too. Also if you get an open between any leads that would sure signify a toasted motor.

I'm not expert, but just some things to try. Hope it helps.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Help with Fanuc Motor making crazy loud noise

Quote Originally Posted by the_gentlegiant View Post
    One thing I would do on a machine that sat for awhile is with the power off, open a cover or two and try to turn the screws by hand. Make sure the table and saddle aren't stuck.

Not sure if all Series O controls have it available, but see if you can bring up the servo monitor screen and check the current levels of the servo amps at rest. You might have to change a parameter to get the servo monitor screen to be available. Dig in your manuals and look into the display settings. If it's working it will be some combination of soft and arrow keys to get you to the monitor screen.

And of course, triple check your wiring. You said you checked for shorts to ground. That doesn't tell you if the motor is good, only that it's not shorted to ground. Disconnect the 3 motor leads at the amp and record the ohm readings between lead pairs. You should get fairly consistent reading across all three motors unless your spindle servo happens to be larger then the rest. You might get something different there. There might be small differences because of different motor cable lengths too. Also if you get an open between any leads that would sure signify a toasted motor.

I'm not expert, but just some things to try. Hope it helps.
    Thank you. I did turn the ball screws by hand, they are moving very nicely. I'm getting 0 ohms of resistance between each phase/lead on all 3 motors.