Need Help! FANUC Oi-MD - Using Memory card to run program

Thread: FANUC Oi-MD - Using Memory card to run program

Downloads
    Uploads

Default FANUC Oi-MD - Using Memory card to run program

Hello,

I've got a FANUC Oi-MD CNC milling machine, when running long program using memory card, it only shows the program when the machining is running(after the green start button is pressed) and will stop showing the program when the(red stop button/emergency button is pressed).
    So my question is what if my tool breaks in the middle of the machining, i can't run the program from the point where the tool breaks, in fact, i have to rerun the program from the beginning, this is a pain when running long program. Does anyone have solution/work around for this problem?

Thanks

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: FANUC Oi-MD - Using Memory card to run program

Hey ksfsds,

I assume you have 512 Kb program storage.
    Cheapest solution if you want to avoid the M198 option on CF-Card is Fanuc's software;
    - Fanuc Memory Card Program Edit Tool (v5) - Fanuc A08B-9010-J700/ZZ11

It runs on the Fanuc 0i-D and 0i-F Series and 30i + Series.
    It's a small program that creates a BIN-file on the CF-card that acts like Fanuc Memory.
    You can edit, see the code-lines while running the program and you can start wherever you want.
    Search on the Fanuc or Doosan forum for more info and a test BIN-file that you can try.
    If you want extra Memory it costs you $1000,-/ Mb or you need a 2Gb/4Gb Data-Server ( $4000,- to $6000,- )
    Max. memory on a Fanuc 0i-D or 0i-F is 2 Mb.
    The Edit software costs €20,- ( $24,- ) in Europe and can handle programs up to 2Gb according Fanuc.

Fanuc's Program Transfer Tool - A08B-9510-J515 Edition v15.0 can handle these BIN-files on CF-card but you don't need it,
    it's transfer software for connection between PC and machine via Ethernet and cost in Europe also €20,- ( $ 24,- )

The 0i-F Series has a deeper CF-slot, I don't know about the 0i-D, we have an original Short Fanuc CF-Card adapter which allows you
    to close the CF-slot cover so no dirt or dust can get to the card or slot.
    - Fanuc-CF-Card-adapter - A02B-0303-K150, ..... €82,- / $98.- that's what it costs at Fanuc Europe.

Sorry for the long story :-)

Downloads
    Uploads

data server is not so much as you describe,is around 1500-2000€
    in rest kind of good info

Downloads
    Uploads

Hey ksfsds,

About my advice for the ---- Fanuc Memory Card Program Edit Tool (v5) - Fanuc A08B-9010-J700/ZZ11.
    I was too fast with my quote " it runs on a 0i-D Series ", this is an option for that control, it's standard on the 0i-F Series, the numbers for the 0i-D are;

A02B-0319-R642 ( 0i-TD - Lathe )
    A02B-0320-R642 ( 0i-MD - Mill )

When your control has the [ MEM-CARD ] and [ MEMORY-CARD ] soft-keys then you have probably the A02B-0320-R642 option that's needed to operate with the Memory Card Tool.
    I couldn't find a price for activation that option by Fanuc or a dealer, but you always can try a BIN-file before you buy the Tool.

Regards.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Heavy_Metal View Post
    Hey ksfsds,

About my advice for the ---- Fanuc Memory Card Program Edit Tool (v5) - Fanuc A08B-9010-J700/ZZ11.
    I was too fast with my quote " it runs on a 0i-D Series ", this is an option for that control, it's standard on the 0i-F Series, the numbers for the 0i-D are;

A02B-0319-R642 ( 0i-TD - Lathe )
    A02B-0320-R642 ( 0i-MD - Mill )

When your control has the [ MEM-CARD ] and [ MEMORY-CARD ] soft-keys then you have probably the A02B-0320-R642 option that's needed to operate with the Memory Card Tool.
    I couldn't find a price for activation that option by Fanuc or a dealer, but you always can try a BIN-file before you buy the Tool.

Regards.
    is around 700 euros the R642 option

Downloads
    Uploads

Hey zavateandu,

Thanks for the info on the R642, about the price for the Data Server I saw a price list and people on the Internet talked about the $4.000 - $6.000 range.
    When you need Fanuc or a dealer service to install a Data Server I think they will charge more then $2.000 for a 2Gb or 4Gb Data Server.

Regards.