Need Help! need to send offsets to i31 controller

Thread: need to send offsets to i31 controller

Default need to send offsets to i31 controller

Hi All,

Very new to the forum (hi all)

I have an automated cell going in and am measuring parts on a CMM. the parts are being produced on 2 Nakamura NTRX-300's (which uses the i31 controller with Fanuc Focas) and supplied to the CMM via robotic arm.

I am looking to send simple offset values back from the CMM to the controller...

the CMM program will measure lets say 15 dimensions and can output a (or multiple) file(s) in ANY required format or file type. the files can contain any data that I program (this is the easy bit), the bit I am struggling with is a program / application / small exe file that will be able to send the data back into the controller.

does anybody have a simple application like this, or can suggest where to look, able to write me something

I believe I will need to purchase the Fanuc Focas libraries (?) so that the .DLL is installed on the PC?

any help / pointers greatly appreciated

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: need to send offsets to i31 controller

Caron engineering sells adaptive control packages for this application.
    They are expensive but can take CMM data and auto feed offsets and feeds and speeds.

If you do it yourself yes you most likely need focas libraries.

Quote Originally Posted by bill4807 View Post
    Caron engineering sells adaptive control packages for this application.
    They are expensive but can take CMM data and auto feed offsets and feeds and speeds.

If you do it yourself yes you most likely need focas libraries.
    Thanks Bill,

Have been looking at that over the weekend (great minds?), looking like Blum-Novatest is the UK supplier. Also found CorrectPlus by a company called Globus.

if anybody has any other suggestion please feel free

Downloads
    Uploads

hy i really have no clue for fanuc, but maybe it rings a bell https://www.cnczone.com/forums/fanuc...lues-file.html

if you wish, i can help you, without worries, for an okuma machine kindly

we are merely at the start of " Internet of Things / Industrial Revolution 4.0 " era : a mix of AI, plastics, human estrangement, powerful non-state actors ...

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by droit View Post
    Thanks Bill,

Have been looking at that over the weekend (great minds?), looking like Blum-Novatest is the UK supplier. Also found CorrectPlus by a company called Globus.

if anybody has any other suggestion please feel free
    Yes Blum-Novatest normally does the installation and support of the software package.
    The machine side PLC will need to be modified, so maybe find out if Blum where you are located can do this or if they make you do it.
    I normally just do our PLC modifications to accept and have Blum do their installation and training on the system.
    If you do it install an ethernet switch, (non-managed) for the embedded ethernet, bacause they use it, but if you want access to it for other things to a switch will give you more ports.

Downloads
    Uploads

Focas can do anything you need.

Quote Originally Posted by tuanpq View Post
    Focas can do anything you need.
    But from what I understand "Focas" is the software on the controller? I'm looking for a software that will talk to the "Focas" that is on the controller... Fanuc themselves don't appear to have anything specific available, they only offer the info to be able to write something yourself.

looks like the autocomp is the way to go (also a sensible price)

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by droit View Post
    But from what I understand "Focas" is the software on the controller? I'm looking for a software that will talk to the "Focas" that is on the controller... Fanuc themselves don't appear to have anything specific available, they only offer the info to be able to write something yourself.

looks like the autocomp is the way to go (also a sensible price)
    Focas is library in computer. you must write application which use this library in computer to access Fanuc controller through erthernet port or optical port. please read Focas manual for more details