Abnormal behaviour of Fanuc series O-M controller.

Thread: Abnormal behaviour of Fanuc series O-M controller.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Abnormal behaviour of Fanuc series O-M controller.

Hi everyone,
    I have Victor Vcenter V-65 cnc machine with fanuc series O-M controller. My cnc machine suddenly behaving abnormally. It started taking extra cuts and steps. I have changed the program several time but it didnt work. There is no alarm on the screen. Drives are working properly. Kindly help me to resolve this issue.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Abnormal behaviour of Fanuc series O-M controller.

Hi,

Check if your ball screw couplings are slipping- that sometimes causes unpredictable movements.

If you have belt drives for the axes, check if the pulleys are slipping on the ball screw/motor shaft.

Is this happening on only 1 axis? or all axis? Change the direction of your program and see. Before opening to check the axes couplings, dial a part, perform some rapid movements in the air at 100% rapid rate, and then dial the part again to see if there is any position shift.

Downloads
    Uploads

I have changed the both direction and angle. But still same result. Not just one axis but all three axis behaving the same.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,

To understand the situation better, What is the extent of extra cuts? Is it very small or large? (Like 0.05-0.1mm or 1-2 mm type?)

If you dial a component is the original reference matching thereafter or is there any shift?

If the reference doesn't shift, then you need to check setting such as corner override, constant velocity mode and exact stop mode. These are all controlled by G codes.

Downloads
    Uploads

Cuts are large more then 2mm. Difference I am facing not specific. Everytime I run the program machine behave differently. But reference or machine zero remain the same.