Need Help! Spindle speed uncontrollable - Hitachi Seiki VA-40 Fanuc 6m

Thread: Spindle speed uncontrollable - Hitachi Seiki VA-40 Fanuc 6m

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Spindle speed uncontrollable - Hitachi Seiki VA-40 Fanuc 6m

Hello,
    I have Hitachi Seiki VA-40 with CNC control Fanuc 6m and tool changer based on Micon 8 (tool changer is not working, I bought machine with no parameters on Micon 8 and were unable to restore it but it schould not be problem in this story).
    Few days ago when machine was during operation spindle started acting weird. Spindle speed was set on 3000rpm but for a minute or two spindle slowed down to appriximetely 1000rpm. This situation repeated few times and now there is only 1000rmp spindle speed. No matter if I put 1000rpm, 2000rpm or 4000rpm spindle speed is constant.
    I have found out the 1000rpm is not only one speed. I can put speed up to 1200rpm but above that speed goes back to 1000rpm. There is one more strange behaviour. When I am puting 800rpm, spindle speed goes up to 1200rpm. Under 800rpm spindle goes back to 1000rpm.
    We have checked:
    - tachogenerator, it is working properly,
    - Fuji spindle controller, after some checkings we recognize it as working good,
    - on the control input to the Fuji spindle controller, we measured voltage: 1,8V/1000rpm; 2,1V/1200rpm; 2,1V/800rpm.
    The control input to Fuji spindle controller is coming from Fanuc 6m boards but we don't have any schemes of that and now we stuck.
    Do someone had that problem or something similar?

Kindely please help
    Damian

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Spindle speed uncontrollable - Hitachi Seiki VA-40 Fanuc 6m

I have the Fanuc schematics. Send me a contact email to cnc@tulipmemory.com. Give me the masterboard part # and your location.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Spindle speed uncontrollable - Hitachi Seiki VA-40 Fanuc 6m

Quote Originally Posted by xert View Post
    Hello,
    I have Hitachi Seiki VA-40 with CNC control Fanuc 6m and tool changer based on Micon 8 (tool changer is not working, I bought machine with no parameters on Micon 8 and were unable to restore it but it schould not be problem in this story).
    Few days ago when machine was during operation spindle started acting weird. Spindle speed was set on 3000rpm but for a minute or two spindle slowed down to appriximetely 1000rpm. This situation repeated few times and now there is only 1000rmp spindle speed. No matter if I put 1000rpm, 2000rpm or 4000rpm spindle speed is constant.
    I have found out the 1000rpm is not only one speed. I can put speed up to 1200rpm but above that speed goes back to 1000rpm. There is one more strange behaviour. When I am puting 800rpm, spindle speed goes up to 1200rpm. Under 800rpm spindle goes back to 1000rpm.
    We have checked:
    - tachogenerator, it is working properly,
    - Fuji spindle controller, after some checkings we recognize it as working good,
    - on the control input to the Fuji spindle controller, we measured voltage: 1,8V/1000rpm; 2,1V/1200rpm; 2,1V/800rpm.
    The control input to Fuji spindle controller is coming from Fanuc 6m boards but we don't have any schemes of that and now we stuck.
    Do someone had that problem or something similar?

Kindely please help
    Damian

Do you have the same board from another Fanuc 6M, you can replace it to the machine, if the new board is working fine, we will know the old board has problem.

http://cncmakers.com/cnc/controllers/CNC_Controller_System/CNC_Retrofit_Package.html