Need Help! NC Ready Light Turns Off

Thread: NC Ready Light Turns Off

Question NC Ready Light Turns Off

Hello

I was hoping someone could assist me with an issue im having with our 367 PEGA, its a hydraulic clutch/brake type with hydraulic programmable clamps.

We are getting an issue where the NC READY light will turn off for only a second and then turn back on during punching, what then happens is the AXES REFERENCE light turns off and the PEGA stops, please note there are no alarms that appear or any other red lights illuminate either, just the NC READY light for some reason will turn off and on very quickly.

Because we get no alarm im really not sure where the issue is, from my understanding if we lose the AIR PRESSURE, OIL PRESSURE or the OIL TEMPERATURE is too high we have a problem where the NC READY light would switch off.

Is it possible to provide any other information on what controls whether the NC READY light is on/off, are there any other circumstances that could cause the light to quickly turn off then straight back on, its almost like there is an issue for a split second and then it fixes itself before an actual alarm is triggered.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: NC Ready Light Turns Off

The controller type would help. So assuming that you have the ability to look at the ladder I suggest finding the output that drives the ready light (Should be a Y address). Look in the ladder to see all the conditions the feed it. If you have a controller that supports trace function then I suggest tracing the conditions that feed this output as well. Chances are good that the cable in a cat-track is breaking momentarily. I have seen that for the hard overtravels. Anything less than 8ms will do what you see. Needle in a haystack. First you have to find the haystack.

Hi drdos

Thanks for the reply, the controller is an 04PC, sorry im not overly savy with the terminology, when you talk about the ladder, do you mean the diagnostics numbers?

Downloads
    Uploads

Sorry, I am not familiar with that controller.