Need Help! FANUC 20-M: Cannot write PMC data (Write protect)

Thread: FANUC 20-M: Cannot write PMC data (Write protect)

Downloads
    Uploads

Default FANUC 20-M: Cannot write PMC data (Write protect)

I apologize for the cross-post, this appears to be more related to the FANUC channel.
    After buying a machine with a dead battery, I have reinstated almost all parameters. The last bit I need to do is to modify the PMC data. Unfortunately I cannot write to these data; I get a "write protect" error every time.

What is the standard method for writing to PMC data? I have tried in MDI, EDIT, e-stop on and off, "Parameter Write" enabled and disabled (under Offset Setting x2). I've googled the heck out of this but cannot find an answer.
    FANUC 20-M: Cannot write PMC data (Write protect)-0627202311_film3-jpg

Thank you for any help!

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FANUC 20-M: Cannot write PMC data (Write protect)-0627202311_film3-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: FANUC 20-M: Cannot write PMC data (Write protect)

Of course I figured it out after asking twice. Fortunately in another post, someone explained the "Parameter" byte value one screen up. In my parameter list, it says that this value must be 00000010; according to the other post this would be for "decimal with write protect". I am still fuzzy on this, as the screen still shows "BIN" highlighted (even with BCD I would expect this to be entered in binary format). Either way, by changing this to 00000000, I was able to remove write protect and get my values in. Of course, change this back to write protect afterward.

The other post is linked here: https://www.cnczone.com/forums/fanuc...ata-pages.html
    Shoprag, thank you for sharing that textbook page!!!