Need Help! fanuc 18i-t controller - How to work with it

Thread: fanuc 18i-t controller - How to work with it

Downloads
    Uploads

Question fanuc 18i-t controller - How to work with it

Hi all,

I'm new in the forum... and also new to the CNC area...

I graduated from a course CNC machining and programming just a few days ago... and I was assigned to a company with this very old Daewoo Doosan Puma 400MB Live Tool CNC Lathe from 2001... exactly like the one in this youtube video: (both the lathe and the controller)

I was used during the formation course to operate an haas lathe from 3 or 4 years ago... and searched my videos on youtube so I could advance a bit during the formation...

Now I can't manage to work around this fanuc 18i-T controller... I searched the entire web for videos and/or tutorials for this particular lathe and controller and I got close to nothing... or a few videos from different fanuc controllers... obviously they were of little or no help for me...

the only thing I managed to do so far in this controller was to create a new program file and add a commentary line

so I was wondering if some of you could post a video on how to use the fanuc 18i-t controller...

or at least either by photos or text explain to me how does the guy on the video (same video as before) starts the spindle movement... the tool turret movement... etc...**

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: fanuc 18i-t controller - How to work with it

Download the Fanuc 18i TA or TB Operations Manual and start reading. Also get the Doosan Programming and Operations Manual from your new employer and read some more. There are hundreds of things you're going to need to know to operate and program this machine. Though many of the G and M codes are the same as Haas.

Waiting around for the perfect video to show up is going to be a long wait.

Here is a Fanuc Programming Manuals for an 18iTA, Won't help operate the machine but night help program it if your new boss doesn't have the Doosan Programming and Operations books.

Google 18iTA Operations Manual

Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: fanuc 18i-t controller - How to work with it

Hi the_gentlegiant,

first let me thank you for the prompt response.

The situaition here is that i'm a 210 hours intermentship in this company. I finalized my formation last month. And started here on the 2nd of this month. And I'll be here for 210 hours for the intermentship... and after that the boss will decide if i gona keep me on the team or not.

And they have the operator, mantainance and parameters manuals in spanish... and the instruction manual fanuc nc-system... or should I say the "bedienungsanleitung fanuc nc-system"... as you can se from the language... in german... and in papper form...

and the "bedienungsanleitung fanuc nc-system" is exactly the manual for the FANUC 18i-T controller...

unfortunatly also, the last guy that was here left a few months ago for another job, so I'm the only one here with CNC machine trainning...

But as I'm telling you, i'm just a treine... starting my intermentship... and my formation is in the HAAS lathe... like a HAAS late wiht only 3 or 4 years...

and here as I sayed its a Daewoo Doosan Puma 400MB Live Tool CNC Lathe from 2001...