Need Help! Z axis homing

Thread: Z axis homing

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Z axis homing

I have Fanuc 10m mycenter1 homing z axis was off for tool change , moved cams no good, no matter where i put numbers in para 5220 or 1850 it will be fine then no matter what back to same spot , could this be encoder ready to fail?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Z axis homing

How about goo-ey or wet homing switches or Servo connections? What was going on before this trouble started? Has this machine been running perfectly fine until just lately? Are you holding P and Cancel in during start-up to remove old settings?

You say it works then doesn't. Is this after turning off and on the power or works once, then retry without powering down and then doesn't work.?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by the_gentlegiant View Post
    How about goo-ey or wet homing switches or Servo connections? What was going on before this trouble started? Has this machine been running perfectly fine until just lately? Are you holding P and Cancel in during start-up to remove old settings?

You say it works then doesn't. Is this after turning off and on the power or works once, then retry without powering down and then doesn't work.?
    Checked switches first the has been running for yrs no problems at all until coffee time this mourning , it just does not what to go to correct home spot and that is where the drum sits for tool change
    I've seen alot but this got my eyes crossed

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Z axis homing

Without your Electrical Manual I can't tell you where to look, but you should see a Diagnostic Bit (X address) change both when the Switch hits the Deceleration Dog and again when it falls off that back of the Deceleration Dog. That would be where I start to make sure the control is getting the 2 signals it needs to start the Grid Shift.

If you have Incremental Encoders (No Batteries on the Servo Drives) you should be able to disconnect and reconnect all the Encoder cables from both the Control and the Drive.

Also if somehow you lost home, you'll likely have to hit P/Cancel on Control Start-up each time you try a new setting.

Not sure what else to tell ya.