Need Help! Industry 4.0

Thread: Industry 4.0

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Industry 4.0

Dear Experts
    Please share your experience, if any, on implementation of Industry 4.0 in HMCs/VMCs with Fanuc controllers to reduce overall maintenance cost
    Regards

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Industry 4.0

hy rishikesh, it is possible to maintain a cnc machine without using iot4.0; just perform preventive maintenance tasks regulary

if you feel like having some extra$$$, just get in contact with someone like rexroth, from bosch : those guys can implement some senzors and predictiv analitics software; they can monitor pressure, temperature, tank level, oil cleanless, speeds, peaks, positioning accuracy, power units, etc; my advice is to forget about rexroth, and do all these :
    ... buy a drawbar force gage / retention force measurement
    ... check periodically machine geometry
    ... lower the max admisibile servo torque ( so to lower the impact force in case of a collision; i have no clue if this is possible on fanuc )
    ... use axis load monitor ( if available )
    ... check if the lube pump is delivering lube where it should
    ... change retention knobs, at least 1/year, for the toolholders that do roughing operations, or maybe even sooner for <=bt40s
    ... if possible, don't use same machine for roughing and fininshing
    ... implement daily, weekly, monthly and yearly maintanence tasks
    ... be sure that compressed air is dried before entering the machine
    ... install shower coolant and keep the cabinet clean

if you still feel like having another extra $$$, contact someone like https://machine.report/ in order to gather data about machine status; my advice would be to forget about them, and dig into fanuc system variables ( or functions, if available ), in order to create your own timelines; i can do such things for an okuma cnc, monitoring parameters related to machining / kindly

we are merely at the start of " Internet of Things / Industrial Revolution 4.0 " era : a mix of AI, plastics, human estrangement, powerful non-state actors ...

Downloads
    Uploads

just in ca$$$e you are intersted for next gen preventive gadgets, try torque meters, targeted ( localized ) sound recorders and vibration senzors, in order to create a baseline reference

if i may, how much do you wish to invest ( by the way, is corona time ) ? how many cncs are there ? are you looking for a specific task ? kindly

we are merely at the start of " Internet of Things / Industrial Revolution 4.0 " era : a mix of AI, plastics, human estrangement, powerful non-state actors ...

Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you so much for your time in sharing pretty useful details, please be safe
    I agree with you, except following points, we are doing the rest

lower the max admisibile servo torque
    dig into fanuc system variables ( or functions, if available ), in order to create your own timelines
    targeted ( localized ) sound recorders and vibration senzors, in order to create a baseline reference

Regards

Downloads
    Uploads

hy rishikesh, please, what exactly are you looking for ?

• [ max admisible servo torque ] in case of a crash, servos will react only when they detect a torque > a specific limit; if you lower this limit, then you may increse the reaction time, thus you may lower the impact force associated with a colision; if you don't have acces to such a parameter, you may emulate it, by using axis monitoring in a much more efficient way : i use this during loong setups ( at least few months ) in order to protect the machine, and as a result, everything is monitored : feeds, rapids, spindle power peaks ( acceleration, breaking, reversing ) ... it is based on a high frequency monitoring changes, using system variables, and trust me, it saves the day, it saves your machine and tools

• [ timeline ] this is a chart of machine specifics parameters, that may help you to localize possible malfunctions before their effects increases; for example you can create charts for machining time, axis loads, program zero points, offsets, cuttings specs record, etc ... with such data, you can see, for example, if an operator needs help but does not realize that, or if by rising the cuttings specs you have achieved lower productivity, or if a new tool is better then a previous one, etc ... check this also https://www.cnczone.com/forums/cnc-s...61414-cnc.html

• [ base line references ] for example, move the machine without cutting, record it's outputs, and repeat this after 0.5 years, and compare with your previous results : if you have experience, you may identify a possible malfunction; this technique is ok to be used for machines that are used too the max, non-stop, thus with a more aggresive wear evolution; obviously, there is no point to use it on a machine that is used with low cutting specs, because it will keep it's shape for many years; you may record the sound, and/or the vibrations, or axis loads, etc

kindly