Fanuc OT homing button has stopped working

Thread: Fanuc OT homing button has stopped working

Default Fanuc OT homing button has stopped working

Hi anyone with any ideas. Today I turned on my zeroturn lathe and some of the buttons seemed not to work at first but after pressing them a few times I was able to use the machine to make three parts then the home button (zero return) stopped responding. All other buttons seem to work.
    The reset button still seems a little trouble some . Have tried pressing the home button many times but still no joy. I have tried re booting machine twice with no joy with the home button. I can jog etc.
    please help!!
    Version is OT B
    Phil

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Fanuc OT homing button has stopped working

Every button on your control will flip a bit in a parameter or data table somewhere. If you're working with a membrane keypad they're certainly not as easy to troubleshoot with a volt meter as an old wired up switch would be.

Anyway, back to the control. Somewhere in the manuals there will be an address map for all the keys. I think you look in the diagnostic tables on the control for the bits to move. If you have no manuals, you can do it the hard way by pressing a known working key close to the one that doesn't work and watch the screen for a corresponding bit flipping from zero to one and back. (You might have to page through many screens.) Once you find that, you can hope your iffy key is in the same byte row or at least close to it.

In short what I'm trying to say is use the visual bit movement to verify the operation of the key. If it's working every single time in the bit display but still not making the machine operate accordingly , then at least you've eliminated the keypad as your problem and can look elsewhere. Meaning bad connections, wet cables or connectors, loose connections, etc. Both on motors and in the control cabinet.

Quote Originally Posted by the_gentlegiant View Post
    Every button on your control will flip a bit in a parameter or data table somewhere. If you're working with a membrane keypad they're certainly not as easy to troubleshoot with a volt meter as an old wired up switch would be.

Anyway, back to the control. Somewhere in the manuals there will be an address map for all the keys. I think you look in the diagnostic tables on the control for the bits to move. If you have no manuals, you can do it the hard way by pressing a known working key close to the one that doesn't work and watch the screen for a corresponding bit flipping from zero to one and back. (You might have to page through many screens.) Once you find that, you can hope your iffy key is in the same byte row or at least close to it.

In short what I'm trying to say is use the visual bit movement to verify the operation of the key. If it's working every single time in the bit display but still not making the machine operate accordingly , then at least you've eliminated the keypad as your problem and can look elsewhere. Meaning bad connections, wet cables or connectors, loose connections, etc. Both on motors and in the control cabinet.

Hi thanks for that. What is the procedure to get to this diagnostics screen. I have the Fanuc OT B control and it is the membrane type that is a problem. I believe I may have the the ladder diagram. Not sure how well I can read it.

Downloads
    Uploads

I would look in your manuals for the address of your switches. Not sure if this part of the control is more Fanuc based or Machine Tool Builder controlled. Probably Fanuc. You can download the Fanuc Operator and Parameter Manuals off the internet if you don't have them. In there you'll learn how to move around in the control.

I think you want the Diagnostics pages. (DIAG) Likely found through the SYSTEM button, then DIAG. You might have to hit PMC first. I can never remember this stuff unless I'm standing there at the control. To get in the ladder I think you go the same way but hit PMCLAD or LAD. You may or may not need a password. If so try the letter L. Works on just about everything.

If your membranes are shot they can be found on the internet including eBay. Pay attention to the apparent quality. There are good ones and bad ones from what I hear.I've been lucky over the years getting good ones.

Downloads
    Uploads

In FANUC OT-B we can't see ladder its hidden by FANUC but we can't say we cant see ladder its possible by ladder editing cassette of fanuc.

quick-cnc

Quote Originally Posted by phucrobusl View Post
    In FANUC OT-B we can't see ladder its hidden by FANUC but we can't say we cant see ladder its possible by ladder editing cassette of fanuc.

Hi Guys well started lathe today and home button working ok. some other button seem to be a little temperamental so guess its due to the cold
    workshop and lack of use the last couple of weeks.