Mori Seiki EX0470 help please

Thread: Mori Seiki EX0470 help please

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Mori Seiki EX0470 help please

Hello everybody, I am hoping somebody will be able to help me with this. I have a Mori Seiki SL-600MC, a few days ago it lost all power including battery power. I have been able to get everything re-zeroed except my spindle (5th), when I attempt to get it into 1st or 3rd the spindle continues to slowly rotate until I get an EX0470 alarm "Gear shift Time Over REF. R1604.0 however with a M42 command it pops right into 2nd without any issue. I am hoping there might be a way to get this all back to a home position without having to rip the gearbox apart.. I did call Mori, the general attitude I got from them felt as though they were very annoyed by my call and honestly I'd rather not deal with them if I don't have to. Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Mori Seiki EX0470 help please

your problem should not be complicated.
    as i imagine your gear shift must be hydraulic powered by some cylinders and you must have some electro valves for that pistons.
    so first of all you need to check in the ladder ,the output for 1st gear ,should be a Y adress,also you can check in electrical diagram for Y output for 1st gear.
    if the equation is done in ladder,look further to see the relay coresponding if it is on or not.
    if relay is on,look further to the coil of the hydraulic valve if has power or not.
    if it has power check if the oil is getting to the cylinder for pushing the gears to match your 1st gear.

this is a simple diagnose for M41 output to the final movement of your gears.
    if somewhere it stops ,you need to check why .
    as you describe ,i suspect you have a cylinder for 2nd gear and 1 for moving the 1st and 3rd.
    also you will find some limit switches for confirming the engaging of the gears after M41,M42,M43.
    if you have ladder in pdf ,you can post it or send it by email and i can check the conditions for every gear step.
    email:zavateandu@yahoo.com

Downloads
    Uploads

It's a servo shift, Mori has a detailed procedure to home the gear set. Not hard to do. No tearing anything apart. I've done it 3 or 4 times over the years, but my hard drive with all my procedures ground itself to a halt years ago.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

I have the procedure for zero return however the problem I am running into is it requires I I touch the face of 3rd gear to another gear. The problem with this is I do not know where either of those gears are, I can overtravel in the + direction but again I do not know where the gear is at that location. If I go to the other extreme I get a softthermal alarm. I don't know how to find the location they are calling out without tearing the gearbox apart. I appreciate your advice so far I am just at a loss at this point. Thank you again for your help.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mori Seiki EX0470 help please-zero-return-1-jpg