Fanuc Series 18-T 414 Servo alarm issue


Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Fanuc Series 18-T 414 Servo alarm issue

  1. #1
    Member bhorn847's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    5
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Fanuc Series 18-T 414 Servo alarm issue

    We are running a Defum lathe with Fanuc Series 18-T controller. Recently we started having an issue during start up. When Lathe is turned on first thing in the morning we are greeted with alarm message 414 Servo Alarm: X axis detect err and 414 Servo Alarm: Y axis detect err. When i open up the cabinet to look at the Servo Amplifier Module (A06B-6079-H208) it displays a #2 alarm code. The Power Supply Module(A06B-6081-H106) displays -, not ready signal. Looking through the manuals it seems that the Mcc is not being switched on. This is as far as my expertise goes and im not sure how to check the MCC.

    The weird part i dont understand is that if we let machine sit with error on screen and periodically turn machine off and back on eventually(30-120 minutes) the alarm goes away on its own. Any one have any advise or ideas of what to fix? I attached photos of alarm message and the SPM.

    Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fanuc Series 18-T 414 Servo alarm issue-20191111_073844-jpg   Fanuc Series 18-T 414 Servo alarm issue-20191216_101339-jpg   Fanuc Series 18-T 414 Servo alarm issue-20191216_101221-jpg   Fanuc Series 18-T 414 Servo alarm issue-20191113_075344-jpg  

    Fanuc Series 18-T 414 Servo alarm issue-20191216_101228-jpg  
    Last edited by bhorn847; 12-16-2019 at 10:23 AM.


  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1180
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: Fanuc Series 18-T 414 Servo alarm issue

    The problem appears to be heat related, but it' is unclear where. It could be the control or the servo amp.
    If you include a good photo of the control or include the system config screens, I maybe able to help more.



  3. #3
    Member bhorn847's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    5
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: Fanuc Series 18-T 414 Servo alarm issue

    I added some more photos but i am not positive they are what you were asking for. The machine is currently running so if you need photos of when its down ill have to get them tomorrow morning during start up.



  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    314
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: Fanuc Series 18-T 414 Servo alarm issue

    Your drives have high DC voltage on the copper bus bars under the flip up covers. You can KILL yourself if you touch them.

    for 6066 series drives, wrong drives but describes (2) led good
    http://www.kfasllc.com/pdf/F1618_SV_414.pdf

    your drive series. Description is erroneous in this manual as 6079 and up series drives did not have three phase input directly to the SVM. The PSM provides the DC bus and the 24VDC. The 5V is derived internally.
    http://www.kfasllc.com/pdf/AlphaSVM_AlarmList.pdf

    Fanuc 16T 16M 18T 18M Troubleshooting Procedures Alarm List



  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1180
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: Fanuc Series 18-T 414 Servo alarm issue

    Your control is a 18-TB. Before starting ANY work, please back up all data to a pcmcia sram card per the BOOT sram backup procedure.
    As generaldisarray pointed out, there are dangers working on the servo drives; don't do it unless you know what you are doing.



  6. #6
    Member bhorn847's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    5
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: Fanuc Series 18-T 414 Servo alarm issue

    Quote Originally Posted by memoryman View Post
    Your control is a 18-TB. Before starting ANY work, please back up all data to a pcmcia sram card per the BOOT sram backup procedure.
    As generaldisarray pointed out, there are dangers working on the servo drives; don't do it unless you know what you are doing.
    Yea i am not a fan of electrical, i am just trying to diagnose where the issue is and best way to get it fixed. Did the photos i re-uploaded earlier help at all?



  7. #7
    Member bhorn847's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    5
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: Fanuc Series 18-T 414 Servo alarm issue

    Quote Originally Posted by generaldisarray View Post
    Your drives have high DC voltage on the copper bus bars under the flip up covers. You can KILL yourself if you touch them.

    for 6066 series drives, wrong drives but describes (2) led good
    http://www.kfasllc.com/pdf/F1618_SV_414.pdf

    your drive series. Description is erroneous in this manual as 6079 and up series drives did not have three phase input directly to the SVM. The PSM provides the DC bus and the 24VDC. The 5V is derived internally.
    http://www.kfasllc.com/pdf/AlphaSVM_AlarmList.pdf

    Fanuc 16T 16M 18T 18M Troubleshooting Procedures Alarm List
    So going through all this it seems the issue is "Internal MMC (electro–magnetic contactor) is not turned on." I am having difficulty figuring out how to test that, and what needs replacing .



  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    314
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: Fanuc Series 18-T 414 Servo alarm issue

    Quote Originally Posted by bhorn847 View Post
    So going through all this it seems the issue is "Internal MMC (electro–magnetic contactor) is not turned on." I am having difficulty figuring out how to test that, and what needs replacing .
    The MCC contactor is not pulling in because the SVM cannot give the Vready sig back to the control. This is a symptom, not a cause.

    If I had to guess, I would say you either have a bad pulsecoder , pulsecoder cable or the 5V source inside the drive is weak. Like memoryman said. Once some IC gets warm enough it can finally bring it up to min voltage.

    Not having battery backed APC makes troubleshooting this a little easier.I would look for 5V at the pulsecoder with a cold machine. Does removing cables and or pulsecoders from the assembly change the voltage.

    This Lathe has glass scales on X & Z? Is this some big boy lathe? In any case you need the pinout for the pulsecoder cables.



  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    558
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: Fanuc Series 18-T 414 Servo alarm issue

    There is a power supply inside the drive, it has capacitors that are drying out. Once they get charged it will run all day. But when cold they can not charge fast enough. When you let it set under power it slowly builds up enough power that the capacitors can charge in a timely manner. You are on borrowed time and I recommend that you either have the amp repaired or replaced.



  10. #10
    Member bhorn847's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    5
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: Fanuc Series 18-T 414 Servo alarm issue

    Quote Originally Posted by drdos View Post
    There is a power supply inside the drive, it has capacitors that are drying out. Once they get charged it will run all day. But when cold they can not charge fast enough. When you let it set under power it slowly builds up enough power that the capacitors can charge in a timely manner. You are on borrowed time and I recommend that you either have the amp repaired or replaced.
    So its the Amp that needs replacing not the PSM?



  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    558
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: Fanuc Series 18-T 414 Servo alarm issue

    Quote Originally Posted by bhorn847 View Post
    So its the Amp that needs replacing not the PSM?
    Yes that is correct



Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


About CNCzone.com

    We are the largest and most active discussion forum for manufacturing industry. The site is 100% free to join and use, so join today!

Follow us on


Our Brands

Fanuc Series 18-T 414 Servo alarm issue

Fanuc Series 18-T 414 Servo alarm issue

Fanuc Series 18-T 414 Servo alarm issue