Fanuc 10T losing position after JOG

Thread: Fanuc 10T losing position after JOG

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Fanuc 10T losing position after JOG

I have 2 different machines that both run Fanuc 10T A controller. Both of these machines more or less act the same way, and I'm wondering if there is a parameter that is set wrong.

When I start my machine up and do a Zero Return it's all good, I can call my G54 or whatever and run my program. If I at any point during the day is forced to JOG the machine either for changing a tool or anything I lose the position it was in when I started it. Meaning if I JOG 30 mm in any given direction that is then my new 0 when I call G54. It's kinda hard to explain, but it seems like it completely has no idea that I moved the axis in the first places, and thinks it is still where it was before I started JOG'ing. I have to restart the machine to get back my positions so I can resume production.

Since both my machines act the same way my theory is there must be a wrongly set parameter, or somehow I'm not understanding how to get it back in order atleast.

Zero Returning does NOT help me, although I can zero return and then G50 the coordinates from the G54, but then G54 kinda loses it's point.

Anyone here can explain me what I'm not seeing?

I have several machines with Fanuc 0, Fanuc 3, Fanuc 16i etc, none of them act like this. I have 2 other machines with Fanuc 10 and they are also fine.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Fanuc 10T losing position after JOG

Sounds like a manual absolute setting needs changing. I had a 10TF that was like that.

Sent from my G8343 using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by davesnd View Post
    Sounds like a manual absolute setting needs changing. I had a 10TF that was like that.

Do you know which parameter? It was my theory too, but I've not been able to pinpoint which one it is

Downloads
    Uploads

It's not a parameter it's either a toggle switch or its on the setting page that has TV check and that stuff on it

Downloads
    Uploads

I'm not finding anything that helps.

I actually had a guy offer to help over the phone, I called him up, but the page he wanted me to change stuff on, doesn't exist on my machine. It seems there can be an older or a newer version? He was also on to something about tv check.

Anyone else have any ideas?