Fanuc mf-t6 Macro option yes or no?p-code variables?

Thread: Fanuc mf-t6 Macro option yes or no?p-code variables?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Fanuc mf-t6 Macro option yes or no?p-code variables?

Hi everyone,

Im new at Fanuc, been programming 12 years Siemens but now Im trying Fanuc!
    I believe ist Minimum same good as Siemens if not better and I want to go with it now.
    Starting with programing on an old old Fanuc control MF-T6 (Mori Seiki),wondering how to define write calc Parameters local global and so on like I was used to with siemens.

I done a bit of Research and found Parameters are Makros at Fanuc written as eg. #100=10.
    I have tried in MDI and machine is giving me an Alarm like it doesnt know what I typed in.

OK.

Now I searched again through the internet and found theres a Parameter at System Parameters 9000, where I have changed the NDP to 1 (bit7). Now pushing offset/Setting button twice, a List of variables shows up its called the P-CODE VARIABLES.

OK.

Now I thought well lets try to write #100=10 MDI and check the list afterwards. No->same Alarm as before.

I believe the P-Code list is not the correct list to write to. Am I Right? And where can I find the real Parameter or variable or makro list however its called, i just like to have something Basic simple as any siemens control has the R-Parameters.....

Please Help me,programming without variables/makros is boring..

Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

I have found a screen where it shows Information About MACRO.
    I dont know if thats any help ……..
    see pics

Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Fanuc mf-t6 Macro option yes or no?p-code variables?

Fanucs' Macro B is always an option and many machines, especially old ones, do not have the option installed or enabled. You likely won't find any info here on parameter changes to make it active and working.'

There is a simple command listed in Peter Smids' Macro B book that you type in to the control through MDI. If it works you're good. If not you're out of luck. If you've been typing in what are considered macro commands and you get alarms, I'd so you don't have the option.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for your answer.
    If Macro B is always an option and assuming I’m not having it, do I then have macro A ? If so, is there any way to write macros Logically as #100=15 just in another form ?

Isn’t there any way writing to the p-code variables list? This is list free until parameter 1000! That would be the easiest and even just read the variables with Nc would be helpful ...

Downloads
    Uploads

Mori you're asking the wrong guy. I know almost nothing about writing macros. All I know is what I told you earlier. I just googled Fanuc Macro A and saw a good article on MMS Online that describes the major differences between B and A. Which are many!

You're going to have better luck searching for your answers online and in books then you are asking around here, and then waiting around praying someone is going to give you all your answers.

Google is your friend. Use it. And good luck. I personally can not help you more.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for your advice I wouldn’t open a thread if I hadn’t tried first what you are suggesting. I can find a lot of information related to my problem in google Ect that’s right but I just can’t find exactly the answers to what I am asking for at this point.

Downloads
    Uploads

On the Pictures see result of trial #3=15

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fanuc mf-t6 Macro option yes or no?p-code variables?-win_20191114_09_48_31_pro-jpg   Fanuc mf-t6 Macro option yes or no?p-code variables?-win_20191114_09_48_38_pro-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by the_gentlegiant View Post
    Mori you're asking the wrong guy. I know almost nothing about writing macros. All I know is what I told you earlier. I just googled Fanuc Macro A and saw a good article on MMS Online that describes the major differences between B and A. Which are many!

You're going to have better luck searching for your answers online and in books then you are asking around here, and then waiting around praying someone is going to give you all your answers.

Google is your friend. Use it. And good luck. I personally can not help you more.
    Macro B has the ability to use higher level math. Thats the only difference according to the Fanuc 6 manual.

You will probably never see Macro A in the wild. They were both options.

It used to be on the older controls that if you could see the macro variable tables you had the macro option. But I guess you can see the tables but not write to them. a MF-T6 is a non-i 18 I believe. not really that old.
    If you call Fanuc @1888fanucus and give them the serial number they will tell you if that option was purchased or not.

your picture didnt work

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello generaldisarray,

will call them now. Thanks

ok ill try again with the pics,if i do click on it they show up… but ill try again with less KB per file <97kb this post. thanks for letting me know

Downloads
    Uploads

I cant find the serial number...where can I find it? tried all documents I have...But even with the serial number Fanuc said they wont know exactly ive got to phone mori seiki. With the serial Fanuc could tell me what the P-Code Variables are the helpful man said. But as I havent got it, I dont even know About this one...