0iMB sent program is concatenated/cut short - no error, not memory full

Thread: 0iMB sent program is concatenated/cut short - no error, not memory full

Downloads
    Uploads

Default 0iMB sent program is concatenated/cut short - no error, not memory full

Hi,

when sending programs around 50k or more to my FANUC 0iMB machine, sometimes the program is cut short - I cant verify when this is occuring or how much it takes to make it occur (I've tried to look at the memory free before and after but it isn't consistent). Stripping whitespace does make the cutoff apear lower in the program, so it seems to be some sort of buffer limitation. I AM NOT out of memory - what I have to do is find out where the program got cut off, go and edit the post to make a "part 2" , then send in "part 2", then manually merge the programs.

Is this a known transfer limitation or is there some sort of parameter I can set to get around this, or failing that - a way for me to plan ahead and know where the cutoff will be ? Its a pain and quite error prone the way it is right now. First having to check to make sure its all in there, then secondly having to go and edit the post to make a part 2 and then merge them.

I am sending at 19200 7E2 with software flow control using CAMWorks NC Editor (Predator?) version 8.02.13 and am not having any other type of transfer problems that I am aware of.

Thanks

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 0iMB sent program is concatenated/cut short - no error, not memory full

19200 7E2? try running at 4800 7E2

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 0iMB sent program is concatenated/cut short - no error, not memory full

So I did more digging and i am able to post a larger program (!) . So there seems to be some sequence of characters in the post that is stopping the machine from receiving or something ? ANyone seen this before ? I can post the section where it stops +/- 10 lines or so...

Downloads
    Uploads

quickest check is to query any characters that appear in the program .... but are not available on the control's keyboard
    ie @ # ' " : ° etc

delete a suspect character then resend ... this will help you to isolate what character to avoid in future
    ... or...
    check the manual for what characters it will accept.

Downloads
    Uploads

% will stop the feed