04PC Parameters Amadan Pega 357

Thread: 04PC Parameters Amadan Pega 357

Question 04PC Parameters Amadan Pega 357

SoCal CNC enthusiast..

Does anyone have a Parameter Manual or perhaps just a list of Parameters with a brief description so I can experiment with 2 settings.

skylaneguy@hotmail.com

The items I am trying to experiment with are as follows...

1. I am trying to determine which parameter controls the Fanuc's ability to allow a program being transmitted via RS-232 to overwrite another without the need to delete the current program beforehand. From what I have read it may be 3201 and possibly 2200..... but I would like confirmation before make any changes.

2. I would like to change the parameter value to set a program range that could be protected from the setting in Item 1. above. Like to prevent programs sitting from 100-200 from being overwritten.

I have managed to transfer multiple programs in a single transmission but there must be nothing occupying the memory locations prior...

I would like to load a dozen or so "Standard" parts that are produced on a regular basis in the 100-200 range and protect them using the method in my item 2 request. And then transfer the constantly changing 8-10 programs for each specific job into higher memory locations without the need to worry about old programs being present... They would simply be overwritten without the need manually delete them repeatedly.

First time poster so my apologies if I am submitting this improperly or in the wrong area..

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 04PC Parameters Amadan Pega 357-pega-357-metal-punching-machine-png  

Default Re: 04PC Parameters Amadan Pega 357

For those following this.... Our Amadan 04P-C Looks like the image attached
    04PC Parameters Amadan Pega 357-amadan-jpg

Some reading this post might be wondering why would there be a need to #1 send multiple G-Code Programs to the Fanuc at a time and #2 why would you want to overwrite existing Programs already sitting at memory locations.

Unlike a Mill or Lathe where you might have 100's or 1000's of lines of code to produce a part, with a punch press you might only have a few lines... Suppose you need to punch 4 holes in the corners of a piece of sheet metal or some other simple operation to the piece of material, you may only need a program with just a few lines... The programs tend to be much shorter than other cnc machine operations. That's not to say that punch machines can't handle complex programs, it's just not common for the type of products we are making... Simple boxes with some corners punched out and some holes here or there for bolts to connect parts. It's a different process that having to guide a moving rotating cutting tool across a piece of materiel usually in 3 dimensions. This requires a lot more "code". In our case, it's just... move to these 4 spots and punch a hole... That's It... So when a project we are working on has 10-15 different pieces of sheet metal that need these simply features, it makes sense to gang the programs together in order to send them all at once. Since this is typical of nearly every project, it would be nice to simply overwrite each block of numbers with 10-15 small programs without the need to delete them manually one at a time...

Some will say just DELETE ALL using O-9999 Delete but we don't always want everything deleted as there are some Standard Parts that we keep in certain groups that remain on the Fanuc for "Standard Parts" that get used often... it's just the groups of 10-15 "custom" programs for a particular job that we want to throw at the Fanuc all at once and then overwrite once the parts are punched and the next custom group ready to be thrown at the Fanuc.

Hence the reason I am looking for the proper parameter setting that would all sending programs to a location already occupied and overwrite it...

I have tried changing the following bits (which includes entering "Parameter Settings" and Setting PME-1, along with cycling the power once changes are made ) and none seem to change the behavior.

As suggested by some in the Forum's, I have changed Parameter 3201 (the state of which is represented simply by a 0 on the parameter screen for that number)

i.e. 3201 0

to the following

3201 00000001 by keying in 0000000 followed by 1 (none of the ZERO's are displayed) Exit, set PME back to 0 and CYCLE POWER
    3201 00000100 by keying in 0000010 followed by 1 (none of the first 5 ZERO's are displayed after INPUT) Exit, set PME back to 0 and CYCLE POWER
    3201 00000100 by keying in 0000010 followed by 1 (none of the first 5 ZERO's are displayed after INPUT) Exit, set PME back to 0 and CYCLE POWER

After modifying the setting for each example I was unable to successfully send a program to a memory location (i.e. O0200) and overwrite a program currently sitting at that same location.

None of these changes seems enable this ability.

I planned to try another suggestion that was sent to me from someone in the forum that indicated that I should try 2200 but unfortunately this parameter number does not exist in this 04P-C Fanuc.....

If anyone has any other suggestions they would be much appreciated.

BTW,

I was pleasantly surprised at the help people have voluntarily provided, so I want to say "Thank You" to all that have offered to help by making suggestions....

Maybe this will help others trying to improve efficiency a little...

I am 53 and not a Machine guy or a CNC guy by trade, just trying to help improve efficiency a little by making it easier and faster for the operators here to do their job a little smoother...

skylaneguy@hotmail.com

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 04PC Parameters Amadan Pega 357-amadan-jpg   04PC Parameters Amadan Pega 357-img_20190926_063603-jpg  

Default Re: 04PC Parameters Amadan Pega 357

We are getting CLOSER......

I changed Parameter 0024 as suggested by a follower...

Make parameter #24 = 00100000 , do this and let me know

After making the Parameter Changed I tried to test this suggestion by trying to upload about 10 small programs at :0201 thru :0210 all located in a single file all sent at the same time using the PROGRAM + O-9999 followed by READ... on the Fanuc.

Once finished, I planed to follow them up by uploading a different set of programs to the same numbers... :0201 - :0210.

I was hoping the suggested change would cause the second group of programs sent, all of which are also sent at the same time from a single file, would OVERWRITE the initial 10 programs written before.

However, I ran into a problem... As it turns out, when I sent the initial 10 programs, everything seemed to GO Perfectly....

I checked and all 10 programs and they were present in the controller....

OOPs... The problem was that ALL 40-50 "Stock Part" programs sitting in the 400's were gone... As a matter of fact.. EVERYTHING was gone.. All programs except the first group that was sent with Parameter 0024 set to 00100000......

This Parameter setting allows the upload of new programs but wipes out everything in memory locations first.. Not what we are looking for.

So although this setting was close, it is not the correct setting I am looking for....

I looked at the snap shot of the Parameter page that was sent also with the suggested parameter change and I cannot tell if perhaps one of the other BITs might be the correct one to set....

I know this behavior is NOT normal for 99.9999 or people operating this type of machine but it would help our situation if there is a Parameter that would solve this.

If anyone has any suggestions please let me now.

Thanks Again..