Need Help! Newbie trying to understand Series 0MF servo parameter alarms after manually loading

Thread: Newbie trying to understand Series 0MF servo parameter alarms after manually loading

Unhappy Newbie trying to understand Series 0MF servo parameter alarms after manually loading

Hi All,

Maybe someone could help me out. I have a '93 leadwell mill with 10000 ppr resolvers that lost is memory and not been in use for many years. I have no experience with leadwell or fanuc. With reading 1500 pages of manuals and with great help from this forum members, I now have enough info to be dangerous. I'm trying to fill the gaps not in the manuals, which is probably obvious to anyone working with fanuc on a regular basis.

I've tried manually loading the parameters manually only to have a software 400, 4x7 alarms, a serial cable will be here Monday.

I have cleared the memory and manually loaded the parameters, not a fun activity. The parameters have been verified 3 times to be correct. Despite following the servo parameter load procedure in the '97 version servo amp maintenance manual, I still have the alarms. The servo amp has no alarms lights on and DRDY is dark.

I've done this 3x now with same result. :-

I'm assuming I have a problem in how I'm loading the parameters or some parameters are missing from the leadwell manual. I have some questions about loading parameters and some very odd behaviors seen while loading parameters:

1) Is there a way to figure out which servo parameters are incorrect ? Some diag locations ?

2) After setting 9xx, 0xx and 1xx parameters, some default parameters were placed in 8xxx parameters. Is this normal ?

3) After setting 8xxx parameters, does 8x00 need to be set to 0 and the controller power cycled ?

4) Is the servo load procedure in the '97 manual correct for a '92 NC ? Does anyone have the procedure for a '92 version if different from the '97 ?

5) I read in another forum flex feed gear parameters 8x84, 8x85 must be set. The manual indicates flex configuration is optional and unnecessary if using conventional DMR. Does 8x84, 8x85 must be set ?

6) When 4x7 alarms, will servo alarms 1-4 be incorrect ? (their values don't change when resolver cables are switched and producing false/soft overload? )

7) Where are the debug locations for axis resolver values ? (confirming servo alarms 1-4)

8) While loading 8xxx parameters, the values were changing when hitting the insert key. Did I forget the e-stop button ? ( did a reset afterward)

Any help is appreciated,

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by GaryMzz; 09-13-2019 at 02:08 PM. Reason: added new questions and made clearer

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Newbie trying to understand Series 0MF servo parameter alarms after manually load

Quote Originally Posted by GaryMzz View Post
    Hi All,

Maybe someone could help me out. I have a '93 leadwell mill with 10000 ppr resolvers that lost is memory and not been in use for many years. I have no experience with leadwell or fanuc. But reading 1500 pages of manuals and with help from this forum members, I now have enough info to be dangerous and I'm trying to fill the gaps which is probably obvious to anyone working with fanuc on a regular basis.

I've tried manually loading the parameters manually only to have a software 400, 4x7 alarms, a serial cable will be here Monday.

I have cleared the memory and manually loaded the parameters, not a fun activity. The parameters have been verified 3 times to be correct. Despite following the servo parameter load procedure in the '97 version servo amp maintenance manual, I still have the alarms. The servo amp has no alarms lights on and DRDY is dark.

I've done this 3x now with same result. :-

I'm assuming I have a problem in how I'm loading the parameters or some parameters are missing from the leadwell manual. I have some questions about loading parameters and some very odd behaviors seen while loading parameters:

1) Is there a way to figure out which servo parameters are incorrect ? Some diag locations ?

2) After setting 9xx, 0xx and 1xx parameters, some default parameters were placed in 8xxx parameters. Is this normal ?

3) After setting 8xxx parameters, does 8x00 need to be set to 0 and the controller power cycled ?

4) Is the servo load procedure in the '97 manual correct for a '92 NC ? Does anyone have the procedure for a '92 version if different from the '97 ?

5) I read in another forum flex feed gear parameters 8x84, 8x85 must be set. The manual indicates flex configuration is optional and unnecessary if using conventional DMR. Does 8x84, 8x85 must be set ?

6) When 4x7 alarms, will servo alarms 1-4 be incorrect ? (their values don't change when resolver cables are switched and producing false/soft overload? )

7) Where are the debug locations for axis resolver values ? (confirming servo alarms 1-4)

8) While loading 8xxx parameters, the values were changing when hitting the insert key. Did I forget the e-stop button ? ( did a reset afterward)

Any help is appreciated,
    You have quite a bit to deal with which would require a lot of typing. It would be easier for me if you just called our company and we can talk about what you need and get you back up and running. Business name is Tri Star CNC Services, phone 815-578-9145.

Default Re: Newbie trying to understand Series 0MF servo parameter alarms after manually load

Thanks Tristar..

I'm doing this to get this up and running and document gaps which others on this forum and other places have asked without answers. Most get parameter and diag files for serial port loading and the questions go unanswered. I can understand why, this stuff is 25+ years old and most decommissioned. We are a non-profit space offering free mentoring high school students and retraining adults in CNC, fusion360, robotics,etc.