Diagnosing older Fanuc 0T problem

Thread: Diagnosing older Fanuc 0T problem

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Diagnosing older Fanuc 0T problem

Recently, I started having issues with an older Yang/Yam Lathe running Fanuc 0T.

Power Supply died and was replaced with a refurb about a year and a half ago.
    Currently, the machine will run but when you ramp the spindle to a high rpm quickly in a program or manually, Everything cuts out and I get X and Z servo Amp failures and contactor disconnects.
    Input voltage is correct. Errors #1 shows up on the Power Supply and 30 on the Spindle Drive after error occurs. The contactor in the back started making a small pulsing buzz like an alarm clock after it engages and starts and stops randomly. Checking the voltage going to the contactor coil, I am getting 230v

I am wondering if this is an actual issue with the power supply/motor or if the contactor coil is getting weak and unclamps when the machine draws a higher load upon spindle ramp.