Need Help! Spindle servo drive Fanuc keeps failing

Thread: Spindle servo drive Fanuc keeps failing

Downloads
    Uploads

Post Spindle servo drive Fanuc keeps failing

Hello,

i want to ask you guys some advice to help me figure out the problem of my fanuc spindle drive that keeps blowing up the thyristor modules and high load at idle running.

machine : takisawa ts20 lathe
    • controller: fanuc tp3

drive specs spindle drive:
    • A06B-6044-H112
    • Topboard A20B-1000-069

Motor Specs:
    • AC spindle Motor
    • Model 12
    • 11/15kW

The problem:

this machine has been not used few years and now we want to get it back in service to produce.
    when i start running the machine in manual it runs good but the load meter keeps at 50% and when i start in M42 it even goes to maximum load when starting

• Thyristor modules: the high load first look like one of the igbt thyristor modules was defective .

i replaced them all and 2 of the 4 where defective, the problem was not gone still high load

• Spindle Motor: i checked wiring , motor, cleaned fan , checked with megometer (also wiring), all good
    • Top board: i replaced top board with another board i had here , problems stays
    • Adjusting RV settings: with the servo manual i adjusted the rv settings like factory and tryed to get it better checking with a scope and testing with the troubleshooting, problem stays
    • Checked all fuses
    • Replaced cooling fan in drive
    • Replaced mother board
    • checked parameters (if anyone has file so i can compare would be great , maybe theres a fault here causing it??)

now im little desperate looking what can cause this still ? could it be parameter settings?

hope someone had this before to or knows what can cause this ,

thanks a lot!

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Spindle servo drive Fanuc keeps failing

Hi VPS,

It could be a heat issue, to high temperature in the cabinet at the rear.
    Clean fans in the cabinet-door.

Regards,
    Heavy_Metal.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by VPS View Post
    Hello,

i want to ask you guys some advice to help me figure out the problem of my fanuc spindle drive that keeps blowing up the thyristor modules and high load at idle running.

machine : takisawa ts20 lathe
    • controller: fanuc tp3

drive specs spindle drive:
    • A06B-6044-H112
    • Topboard A20B-1000-069

Motor Specs:
    • AC spindle Motor
    • Model 12
    • 11/15kW

The problem:

this machine has been not used few years and now we want to get it back in service to produce.
    when i start running the machine in manual it runs good but the load meter keeps at 50% and when i start in M42 it even goes to maximum load when starting

• Thyristor modules: the high load first look like one of the igbt thyristor modules was defective .

i replaced them all and 2 of the 4 where defective, the problem was not gone still high load

• Spindle Motor: i checked wiring , motor, cleaned fan , checked with megometer (also wiring), all good
    • Top board: i replaced top board with another board i had here , problems stays
    • Adjusting RV settings: with the servo manual i adjusted the rv settings like factory and tryed to get it better checking with a scope and testing with the troubleshooting, problem stays
    • Checked all fuses
    • Replaced cooling fan in drive
    • Replaced mother board
    • checked parameters (if anyone has file so i can compare would be great , maybe theres a fault here causing it??)

now im little desperate looking what can cause this still ? could it be parameter settings?

hope someone had this before to or knows what can cause this ,

thanks a lot!
    Check the Braking Circuit and Braking Resistor

How free is the spindle to turn, could be a bad bearing in the motor or spindle Belts to tight

Test Start the motor by it's self not driving the spindle

Last edited by mactec54; 08-14-2019 at 10:54 AM.
    Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

also checked,

all fans working and ventilation is completly removed and cleaned and now working perfect, also new ventilator on spindle drive

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi VPS,

Maximum load in Low (M41) or High (M42) gear for a few seconds is no problem.
    Do you have a M40 ( Neutral ), than try the resistance of the spindle, maybe the gearbox is not ok.

Regards,
    Heavy_Metal.

Downloads
    Uploads

checked this to in neutral runs very smooth when starting is goes to 160% then at speed falling back to 50% wich is way to much if running free.

also is runs only when i start manual rotation , when i program a preset speed in MDI like S100 it starts and goes in fault after few seconds, when i tested yesterday run at S00 zero speed to adjust the settings on the controller board to correct the zero speed it has run 2sec then thyristors blown up again i placed yesterday.
    Heavy_Metal.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Heavy_Metal;2314038]Hi VPS,

Maximum load in Low (M41) or High (M42) gear for a few seconds is no problem.
    Do you have a M40 ( Neutral ), than try the resistance of the spindle, maybe the gearbox is not ok.

Regards,

Downloads
    Uploads

If the thyristors keep blowing up you have a phase loss on the incoming power or an issue with the firing board.

Sent from my G8343 using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

yeah i going to check that , you never know that the fuses are bad in the main cabinet of power supply, or transfo but i doubt that,

firing board yeah that seems most likely for now, you know what can be causing this on the firing board? i suppose the capacitors next to cn6 cn7 have to do with them?
    or maybe the yellow isamp amplifiers of fanuc?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by VPS View Post
    yeah i going to check that , you never know that the fuses are bad in the main cabinet of power supply, or transfo but i doubt that,

firing board yeah that seems most likely for now, you know what can be causing this on the firing board? i suppose the capacitors next to cn6 cn7 have to do with them?
    or maybe the yellow isamp amplifiers of fanuc?
    Change the Caps anyway they are old and where not in use for a number of years

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Confirm the incoming power first. Use a clamp ammeter to check current draw on each leg while it's running. Check at the main supply into the machine (possible issue with power in the building). If that's good then get your hands on a known good firing board and make sure all the igbts are good and you should be running

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by davesnd View Post
    Confirm the incoming power first. Use a clamp ammeter to check current draw on each leg while it's running. Check at the main supply into the machine (possible issue with power in the building). If that's good then get your hands on a known good firing board and make sure all the igbts are good and you should be running

They won't run at all if ( 1 ) leg is out, still could be a power supply issue over all 3 phases though

Mactec54