Newbie CNC Maint Class A

Thread: CNC Maint Class A

Downloads
    Uploads

Default CNC Maint Class A

Anyone out there have a Makino A55 with Fanuc Pro 3 control. What I would like to know is if during a tool change when the drawbar unclamps, I am getting an "ER-01" on the spindle drive. Have spoke with Fanuc and Makino tech support, but they were not able to help, wanted me to call in service. The machine would stop in the middle of the tool change with the PMC alarm of spindle orientation signal is OFF, but since then I have installed a new speed sensor on the back of the spindle. I still get the ER-01, but at this time the machine completes the tool change without stopping. Just can't figure out what is causing the ER-01, but maybe it has always been there, just didn't know it.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: CNC Maint Class A

From the book:
    Although neither *ESP (emergency stop signal) (there are two types of signals, a PMC signal and PSM contact signal) nor MRDY (machine ready signal) has been input, SFR (forward rotation signal), SRV (reverse rotation signal), or ORCM (orientation command) is input.
    It means that Makino puts the spindle in a stop/not ready state while the spindle is in the orient mode. Fanuc says it's not in sequence because you commanded the spindle to activate while the condition are not ready to be activated. The machine will run just fine it is just a message to warn you of the condition.