Fanuc 6M Origin Resets with Reset button

Thread: Fanuc 6M Origin Resets with Reset button

Activation process legacymachining's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Fanuc 6M Origin Resets with Reset button

Hi Everyone, posted in kitamura section but since its generic to fanuc and i have no answers i was hoping to post to a more generalized category.

anyway, i am used to a Tormach and picked up an 86 mycenter with fanuc 6m. I am having a hell of a time figuring out how to keep my G54 location set. Bascially i figured out that in order to set G5X i need to zero return the machine and tell it how far from zero return the x and y origin is. Great. Ill set it, jog it around a bit and go into some menus to setup a couple things, and out of habit or maybe necessity (maybe i overtravelled) i have to hit reset. When i do this, the absolute position changes to the G54 coordinates. this is incredibly irritating because i cant seem to get it properly setup to run a part. Can anyone help me out here, because maybe i am incorrectly using the control. Another thing i noticed, when i power up the machine it defaults to INC at the bottom, i toggle it to abs but it doesnt seem to affect this problem at all.

PS man. abs. switch is on.

To Recap my process:
    1. power up machine, hit abs button, zero return
    2. jog to x origin and write down coordinates
    3. jog to y origin and write down coordinates
    4.type in the coordinates for the G54 position location
    5. jog machine up and out of the way
    6. something requires a reset, may be an overtravel or clearing what i typed into the command
    7. absolute position changes to G54 coordinates that i typed in (essentially shifting the G54 whatever i moved in x,y,z)
    8. start all over while swearing

HELP?!