Fanuc OM - Z axis interlock without any errors/ alarm displayed

Thread: Fanuc OM - Z axis interlock without any errors/ alarm displayed

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Fanuc OM - Z axis interlock without any errors/ alarm displayed

Hello guys,

i got a 3 axis milling machine with a Fanuc OM controller, its been running for years without using the ATC, until i accidentally ran a G-code ordering to change tools(T2M6) resulting in a few errors that appeared concerning the position of the ATC arm and the counter of the tool pot. i was able to get rid of these errors by manually moving everything back to its original place.

But the problem was that i couldn't move the Z axis in JOG mode nor in AUTO, i can only move it with the HANDLE.

I did my research and found out that there is a z axis interlock signal, it was shown in the diagnostic parameter DGN 128: 00000011 and the parameter PRM008#7 is 1 so the interlock is only effective on the Z axis.

I looked for what triggering this signal in the ladder diagram and found this (please check the attached picture)
    G128 corresponds to DGN 128, but i don't know what's Y049.1 and what it corresponds to,it might be a switch that is not active i'm not sure i'm still looking in some hardware and installation manual i found online.

I'm still new to this any help would be much appreciated, what should i do next ? is there an option to override this interlock signals by changing some parameters ? or should i keep looking for what is triggering this interlock?

Thanks in Advance!

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Fanuc OM - Z axis interlock without any errors/ alarm displayed

Y049.1 won't be a switch, as Y address is output from the PLC, X address is input to the PLC.

Downloads
    Uploads

I met this problem. if atc alarm occur, all axis or z axis will be interlock, and can't move both direction.
    i don't know exactly how did I do to solve this. but you could try to change some parameter relate to Z-interlock (it's easy to find out in parameter manual) suck as:
    0049.0:
    1. The each axis interlock signal shall be valid,
    only in manual operation.
    0. The each axis interlock signal shall be invalid.

after changing this parameter, you can try to move the z axis. I believe that 0049.0 can by pass the z-interlock. if not you can check the ladder to find the swich which makes the problem. in my case it was diagnostic 553. all of bit in diagnostic must be 0. if it's not, select MDI mode, press 0 and press input, to make all bit to 0.
    now I believe that all axis can move both directions.
    I hope this could solve your problem.

Downloads
    Uploads

wowjow,

G128.[n] is an interlock signal for that axis. Since you have a three axis machine, G128.0, G128.1, and G128.2 would all need to be 1 to allow all axis movement. My pure guess is that Z on your machine's G128.2 is low. You can find out why it's low in your ladder.

Downloads
    Uploads

Mr Average,

Yup that's what i did and it turned out to be a diagnostic parameter that i had to change to default and it fixed the problem, thank for your help and sorry for the late reply.

If anyone is facing a similar problem i can provide you with more details.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by wowjow View Post
    Mr Average,

Yup that's what i did and it turned out to be a diagnostic parameter that i had to change to default and it fixed the problem, thank for your help and sorry for the late reply.

My machine is facing same kind of problem, machine is working fine in jog, remote mode, but cycle is not starting in auto n mdi mode , not even cycle start light turning on. Any kind of help is appreciated. My mail id is iamdhimanvj@gmail.com in case detail. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my Redmi Y2 using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Mr Average,

Hi wowjow
    Tnx 4 your help
    We have encountered almost the same problem. While calling for tool no.11, the ATC stopped on tool no.12 and didn't move at all. Now it recognizes tool number 12 as tool number 11. We restarted the program and an alarm poped up saying something about z axis. We moved z axis down with jog and the ATC moved back to it's position, but now it doesn't accept any program neither in auto mode nor in mdi mode. The cycle start bottom doesn't do anything.
    Now, we have a message no.2027 saying: ZAHLFEHLER POS. WERKZEUGWECHSEL

Machine Type: FAMUP MCX600
    Controller Type: Fanuc 16m
    We appreciate your help: amir19890@yahoo.com

Downloads
    Uploads

i have a similar problem, how do you change this parameter and where is it located

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello All
    2000 axis interlock alarm fanuc om
    I have a machining center of super max V65A with FANUC omd control unfortunately parameters was deleted i have reinstall all parameters and diagnostic and now no alarm on the screen but when i operate the axis on jog mode then alarm comes 2000 axis interlock alarm and also tool clamp and unclamp switch is also not working light comes on the clamp switch but no function
    Any help me please i am very worried about this

Downloads
    Uploads

Hey Guys,

Just to give a small recap on how i solved my problem and ill try to provide more details when i get back to the workshop on Monday.
    The issue was that when the tool change procedure did not execute properly and did not finish, a flag (diagnostic parameter) which usually turns off at the end of the cycle stayed on (ill provide you with the exact number on Monday).
    This D parameter activated the axis interlock Signal on G128, to solve first i made sure the ATC switches and tool counter are in the correct and initial state and then manually change/remove the Diagnostic parameter (the flag) back to it's initial state.

P.S.: I had no manuals for the controller so i had to read and analyze the whole ladder to figure out what went wrong. So your case might be different but if there's no hardware problem it could be simple Diagnostic parameter change.

Downloads
    Uploads

hello WOWJOW
    Thanks for your time and reply
    there is no hardware problem you are saying right that ATC and tool counter is not in correct acctualy in front of operating panel ther is two number shows in 7 segment disply one is tool in ATC and second is Tool in spindle when i change diagnostic i think 432 or 430 to 11 then ATC segment shows 11 number in display but tool in spindle is not showing me i think if i give the setting diagnostic or in parameters of which tool in spindle then i think my problem will resolve
    waiting for your reply.and if you have need the manual of this machine i have the electric book of supermax v65 a.
    Thaknks

Downloads
    Uploads

ATC on most Fanuc Machines ------First what type of tool changer is it and how many Axis are moving --------Older Types with rotating carousels carrying the tools used the Z Axis to move the tool into position and retract allowing rotation and most of these used interlock signals on other Axis for safety -----------Next Type all Axis are locked at a G30 position or tool change position away from home -------This gives a big problem if power is lost or estoppel during ATC motion --------Alot of Machines will have ATC recovery procedures but if you dont stuff to look for ----Provided the Tool changer is not in mid cycle and arm at home then look for a Keep relay that Says ATC option or not -----Turn the ATC off and return the machine to zero position and then tool change position ---------Remove tool manually from Spindle and ATC pot -----Can you do an M6 now ?-------Does the Number match the tools ------------Is the ATC random pot of specified like some are ?-----------Usually tool in spindle and next tool are held in D or C informaton on the parameter screen and should be checked

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello everyone,
    Can you share with us more details how you solved this issue.
    I have famup machine mcx,450 with fanuc controller and I'm blocked.

Best regards

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello guys,

i got a 3 axis milling machine with a Fanuc OM controller, its been running for years without using the ATC, until i accidentally ran a G-code ordering to change tools(T2M6) resulting in a few errors that appeared concerning the position of the ATC arm and the counter of the tool pot. i was able to get rid of these errors by manually moving everything back to its original place.

But the problem was that i couldn't move the Z axis in JOG mode nor in AUTO, i can only move it with the HANDLE.

I did my research and found out that there is a z axis interlock signal, it was shown in the diagnostic parameter DGN 128: 00000011 and the parameter PRM008#7 is 1 so the interlock is only effective on the Z axis.

I looked for what triggering this signal in the ladder diagram and found this (please check the attached picture)
    G128 corresponds to DGN 128, but i don't know what's Y049.1 and what it corresponds to,it might be a switch that is not active i'm not sure i'm still looking in some hardware and installation manual i found online.

I'm still new to this any help would be much appreciated, what should i do next ? is there an option to override this interlock signals by changing some parameters ? or should i keep looking for what is triggering this interlock?

Thanks in Advance!
    Hello,
    Did you solve this issue? Please share with us what you did to solve it.

Best regards

Downloads
    Uploads

Mr Average,

Hello,

Can you share with us how we can solve this issue.

Downloads
    Uploads

Mr Average,

I have a supermax rebel 1 and am having this issue i believe. When the machine is first powered up and i try to jog the axis i get an axis interlock 2000 message. I am not able to jog. I need a bit of guidance.

Downloads
    Uploads

Mr Average,

I need some help locating this paramater to verify and see if it needs to be changed. Fanuc om

Downloads
    Uploads

Is it caused by the tool changer ?
    Are you getting a ready signal or the axis can go home ?

Downloads
    Uploads

COMO LO SOLUCIONARON ME PASA IGUAL