Fanuc 6M LSK BUF INC trouble? Please help!

Thread: Fanuc 6M LSK BUF INC trouble? Please help!

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Fanuc 6M LSK BUF INC trouble? Please help!

So, my dad has this very very old Acroloc machine with a Fanuc 6M control, he has been trying to make it work for weeks now and when I tried to load up a program it stopped in the line referring to a tool change, then at the bottom where those letters:

LSK BUF INC

Is that a problem with tool changing? If I change the tools manually, could it run the program?

We are so new to this and any help would be great.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Fanuc 6M LSK BUF INC trouble? Please help!

Searching the forum yielded "
    LSK means "Label Skip", and you really can't get rid of the display (unless you want to reprogram the CNCs EPROMs)

Fanuc refers to the the "Label" as any man-readable information on the leader of a paper tape. Years ago, people used to punch "man readables" on the leader so you could hold the tape up to the light and read the part number, the program number, etc.. This punched pattern meant nothing to the CNC control because it was not in any recognizable EIA or ISO (ASCII) format. The man-readable leader needed to be "skipped" by the control when you tried to read the tape.

Fanuc's Label Skip function simply causes the control to IGNORE any data it reads until it sees a valid Line-Feed or EOB character. You can punch all kinds of junk on the leader of the tape, and the Fanuc will zip right by all that data until it reads a Line-Feed, then it begins reading the G-code data. Even when you're not using paper tape, the LSK function is effective, that's why any DNC system would have to send at least one Line-Feed character to the CNC before the first block of the program. Otherwise, the first block gets ignored.

LSK only goes off when your reading a program (by tape or by RS232), and the first LF has been read. Once you get to the end of the program, LSK comes back on.

I'm guessing buf is Buffer and INC is incomplete.

Maybe your program is too big for the memory of the machine? Just a guess.

Will it run a single line MDI?

Downloads
    Uploads

It does run any other line (moving to a specific spot) but once it gets to any tool change it stops and don´t know what to press to make it continue. I tried a small program tho, but will test with an ever smaller one.

Is there a way to continue the program after that lsk? How can I make it "see" a valid line-feed?

Thank you for helping me!

Downloads
    Uploads

I don't have any 6m experience yet. I have a machine with one, but I probably won't have it up and running for a few more weeks. I do have most of the manuals in hard copy. I'm just searching the forum and making guesses based on what fanuc stuff I do know. It sounds like the tool change command is pointing the control to read something from the memory buffer that is not there. I wonder if arcolocs have a tool change macro or subprogram and perhaps it is missing???? If it is running the G codes fine all I can think of is that the M06 is calling out a pointer to look for something that is apparently missing. I know that there is an order made macro cartridge on the 0MB of my tape drill mate that handles the tool change sequence. I don't know if the 6M might be configured similarly. If it is, it is going to be specific to that machine tool builder and likely that machine. I think lots of those used funky tool holders so would not surprise me if they used something odd or custom. Can you find anyone that has that same machine through your Google-Fu? I'm sorry I'm not of much help. There were a lot of knowledgeable folks on this board, but they have been pretty quiet lately. I don't know what happened to them.

Downloads
    Uploads

In the morning try giving these guys a call. They are familiar with that machine and will have better info than what I can give you.
    Post back with your results.

https://mckennaservice.com/contact-us/

Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you so much! I will try calling them, any help is golden to me. What you said about that it might be the tool changer maybe missing a subprogram and I will try to investigate more on that. I do think is just the tool changer that is causing the alarm, and what you said makes a lot of sense. It is a very old machine so is normal that it might have weird things going on.