Fanuc Series Oi-MB memory

Thread: Fanuc Series Oi-MB memory

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Fanuc Series Oi-MB memory

Any advice please on deletion of memory to allow use of programs larger than a few lines. The “ memory “ on this machine shows as 90% full and we have thus far been unable to delete any files/programs to alleviate this.
    Thanks in advance to anyone out there with a fix. Cheers

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Fanuc Series Oi-MB memory

I have a Fanuc 18i controller on a sliding head lathe - it also has limited memory, so I regularly delete programs.

On mine the procedure is simple enough: Select "edit" mode, type the number of the program to delete, for example O0021, press the delete key, a message appears asking if I want to delete the program, then press softkey "execute".

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Zorbit View Post
    I have a Fanuc 18i controller on a sliding head lathe - it also has limited memory, so I regularly delete programs.

On mine the procedure is simple enough: Select "edit" mode, type the number of the program to delete, for example O0021, press the delete key, a message appears asking if I want to delete the program, then press softkey "execute".
    Thanks for the prompt response. This normal procedure has been executed but alas to no avail. It would appear to be that the memory is taken up by “ programs “ which are currently inaccessible. I suspect that data of jobs has been “saved” into an area of memory which is currently locked.?

Downloads
    Uploads

Any ideas as to how the memory area can be accessed to see the size of and number of files?

Downloads
    Uploads

On my controller a directory (dir softkey) shows quite a few factory canned cycles in memory, they have much higher program numbers. I've never tried to delete any, or even to look at them. Is it possible that someone has saved user programs with high numbers and they are hiding amongst the canned cycles ?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Zorbit View Post
    On my controller a directory (dir softkey) shows quite a few factory canned cycles in memory, they have much higher program numbers. I've never tried to delete any, or even to look at them. Is it possible that someone has saved user programs with high numbers and they are hiding amongst the canned cycles ?
    Thanks for that. I will investigate further.