6T no MDI

Thread: 6T no MDI

Downloads
    Uploads

Default 6T no MDI

I have a Yam lathe with a Fanuc 6T. I cannot run a MDI. It does not show any errors. I can edit programs, alter code etc, but in MDI I can input the line such as G50 <input>, X 3.50 <input> but when I press start, it will not execute the code. With the screen in diagnostics, I can see a couple numbers change when the <start> is pressed. I cleared out the part program, and cleared the bubble memory , but no change. Any other ideas?

Thanks
    David

D. Paulson

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 6T no MDI

Check all interlocks, ie lube tank level, chuck clamp confirm, gear range confirm, machine has been zero returned etc.

Sent from my G8343 using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Are you trying to use G50 workshift/ register set?

Try something more mundane G97 S100 M03
    or
    G0 W.01

What do you mean "cleared the bubble memory"?

Downloads
    Uploads

you seem to have missed an EOB [;] character, which should be at the end of each line
    ....a shortcut is when inputting the last address use EOB instead of <input>
    you may then be able to write 6-8 lines of code, you should also be able to cursor over the input code to amend or delete before hitting cycle start

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Superman View Post
    you seem to have missed an EOB [;] character, which should be at the end of each line
    ....a shortcut is when inputting the last address use EOB instead of <input>
    you may then be able to write 6-8 lines of code, you should also be able to cursor over the input code to amend or delete before hitting cycle start
    Your memory is failing you, 6s dont work like that.
    MDI has a page of empty word addresses. You put a value in for each word you want to execute and hit start.One block limit.

Downloads
    Uploads

Will the machine execute program blocks in memory mode?

Downloads
    Uploads

I did manage to get it back working, but I think it may have some memory issues. Occasionally, it will seem like it stalls (quits moving in the X, Z direction) but it actually moving very, very slow (according to the readout). The program is not in error, as it will run and turn out parts, but maybe the 7th or the 10 part(any number actually) it will stall and need to restart the program from the beginning. It seems it is associated with CSS. When I hard code the speed/feed it works a little better, but will still occasionally stall out.

D. Paulson

Downloads
    Uploads

That sounds to me like a feed over ride knob that has a bad connection on one of the bits causing the machine to think it should be feeding extremely slow. You should be able to use diagnostics to check the binary output of your feed override and make sure it's all working right