NEED HELP! Mori Seiki sl-25y lathe alarms

Thread: NEED HELP! Mori Seiki sl-25y lathe alarms

Default NEED HELP! Mori Seiki sl-25y lathe alarms

Hey all! First time posting and hope to be a contributor as I learn more about these machines. I'm the lead machinist at a small machine shop in missouri. I also happen to be the guy that is tasked with fixing our cnc's if they break. We have 3 milltronics mills, a Mori mill, a Yama Seiki lathe and the problem child Mori Seiki lathe. So far tech support has been able to help me fix issues that may occur with the others. Current problem. Mori Seiki SL-25Y Lathe has multiple alarm codes on startup. 400 servo alarm: z axis overload, 414 servo alarm on both z and Y axis, and a 351 spc alarm: x axis communication alarm. Now, I've already traced alot of things. It has 2 Fanuc Servo Amplifiers in it. One has a dash on the LCD display which means it's not ready, and the other is showing nothing. It has power to it. Would one of these being bad cause all these alarms? Is there a way to test them without the $2k price tag of a new one? Thanks so much in advance for the advice!!

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: NEED HELP! Mori Seiki sl-25y lathe alarms

Check the fuse on the front of the servo amp that is blank. That is most likely causing your 351 alarm and the other alarms as a result of the bad fuse. If it blws again, disconnect the feedback cable install a new fuse and power up again.

It is under the plastic cover? The breaker "arm" is on and functional....

Downloads
    Uploads

What is the A06B-6xxx-Hxxx part number on the amp that is blank?

I took the cover off and checked the small fuse above the LED display, it checked good. Disconnected both feedback cables as well and powered on again...no change. Same alarms. Amplifier still appears dead.

Fanuc MF T6 controller. Servo amp is A06B-6066-H244. I've been reading the online .pdf from Funuc about it, but it doesn't do much good without it powering up. lol.

Downloads
    Uploads

I was hoping it was a 6078. There are various reason on the 6066, but the bottom line is that it would need to be replaced or repaired. If you are interested, here is a link to that unit on our website: https://www.tristarcnc.com/Parts/Vie...AXES%200S5S10S

Are you able to test it first to make sure it's bad? Would it going out cause those alarms? It did happen all at once...we don't mind spending the money, but trying to make as sure as we can that it is indeed that.

Downloads
    Uploads

We are able to test that and anything listed on our website. And yes, it could cause your other alarms.

When the unit arrives we assign its number, diassemble and perform static checks based on the type of unit. If nothing conclusive is found it will be washed, dried overnight, reassembled and tested on one of our 27 test stands. If a problem is then found we will quote a repair, if nothing is found it will go through additional hot, cold and vibration tests. If it passes, a $200.00 clean and test would be quoted.

Also, we offer a 15% discount for new customer first orders.

Awesome! I'll tell the bossman. I'm enjoying working on these machines and learning more about them, but holy crap stuff is expensive and hard to find info on older equipment. The help is appreciated!

Downloads
    Uploads

We look foward to working with you and your company!

Downloads
    Uploads

I also have a problem. Can you help us?
    Thank you!

https://en.industryarena.com/forum/f...8--378165.html

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,
    Check the cable from the axis.

Figured i'd post a follow up. Thanks Tristar cnc for the diagnosis. It was indeed one of the Servo Amplifiers that went bad. Boss opted to go with a used one I'd found and it worked great! All alarms cleared after the machine powered up and the drives came on.