0-ma 2nd communications port?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 0-ma 2nd communications port?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default 0-ma 2nd communications port?

My 0-ma has a honda connector on the main board that is labled R/P 2 (reader punch interface) and I would like to see if I can get it working.

My port 1 can only send data and can't recive data and Changing the I/O parameter has no impact and data is sent to r/p 1 regardless.my port parameters are the same for port 1 and 2. port 2 isn't wired to a rs232 port but I wired directly to the honda plug but it isn't working.

dose anyone know how to get port 2 working?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 0-ma 2nd communications port?

It might have to be enabled in the option parameters?

Downloads
    Uploads

thats what i'm guessing and hoping someone might know which one.

it may be 914.4 from the list I have but someone in the know told me the list wasn't 100% correct.

Downloads
    Uploads

I don't have an A running yet, and my "list" is probably the same one you found elsewhere on the web (the meka one). On a related note I went to try and hook up to that tape drill mate and when I lifted up the cover on the op panel there is a blank out plate in there. Cheap ********. I'll have to put in a connector and run it back into the control cabinet. Where did you find the pinout for the 232 in the mr20 connector because I will have to go down the same road. (That's a B though)

Downloads
    Uploads

I'll find the wiring list for you.

you should have a 25pin rs232 on the side of the control cabinet.

Downloads
    Uploads

Yep that is what that list says. I'd try it if it were mine.

Downloads
    Uploads

I'll give 914.4 a go but for some reason i'm not confident it is correct for the 0m-a.

Downloads
    Uploads

914.4 is not listed as an option for the 0MA (-0402 software)

Downloads
    Uploads

thanks memoryman.

Do you know if the 2nd port is capable of rs232 or is it used for something else?

Was it an option or is there some trick to get it working?

Downloads
    Uploads

Never dealt with it. The problem on the 1st channel should be easy to fix, if someone can replace the right chip.

Downloads
    Uploads

yes replacing the right chip and it all goes well. get it wrong and it could be a real mess. that’s why the 2nd port is an attractive option.

I'm guessing it is the RXD side since my machine can send but not receive. so there are 3 chips to choose from. The 75189 the 74ls157 or the 8251.
    I might as well replace them all since I’m powering down the mainboard but I can't find a supplier for the 8251. Then I'm crossing my fingers it is one of the other two.

if I could get the 2nd port working i'm laughing as there is no soldering or reloading parameters.

Downloads
    Uploads

It is most likely the 75189.

Downloads
    Uploads

I think I made it worse.

I had a go at replacing the chips. I pulled the main board took out the chips and replaced them with sockets. it all looked ok.

After reinstalling the board i got the usual errors and put in the 900 parameters then the com port parameters.

eob+ input and thought i had sent a parameter file through. some of the parameters were populated but not others. Also flow control didn't seem to be working.

It seems like the com port still isn't working. I punched the parameters in by hand and now it just needs a zero return but the lower keyboard isn't responding and has no lights on.

is there anyway to diagnose whats happened to the lower keyboard?

Downloads
    Uploads

Are you referring to the operator's panel? That may run through the pmc (ladder).

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes the op panel is run my the pmc, so it probably won't work until you get the pc paramaters put in. That sucks on the chips. only thing I can think of is to look carfully for any briged pins from too much solder, chips in with the notch in the proper direction, and pins on the chips that bent under unsetead of going properly in the socket. I know you probably already checked for all that but it can be sneaky and easy to miss. I'm rooting for you.

Downloads
    Uploads

would a bad ladder chip throw an error? since it is 0m-a you cant view the ladder.

I have loaded the parameters by hand.

Downloads
    Uploads

They worked before, I doubt they would just choose to mess up now. Man, that is frustrating I hope it is something easy like a mis-seated cable or something. Even though you can't see the ladder can you look at the diagnostic bits and see if any of the buttons on the op panel are having any effect? At least that way you would know you have valid connections to the control? I don't have an A on line but do have a B if there is anything I can compare for you.

Downloads
    Uploads

I have tried reseating all the plugs but it hasn't helped.

one thing i have noticed is that the leds in the keys don't flash on as it boots like normal.

there may be some life in it since it defaults to midi mode but it changed to jog at one stage but I havn't been able to replicate that.

Downloads
    Uploads

I have found the keys are responding. diagnostic parameters in the 20's form set patterns when the keys are pressed.

Downloads
    Uploads

Well that's encouraging at least you know the control is seeing the inputs. I don't suppose you have paper ladder print out to help you correlate as to what inputs should produce what outputs address wise? Then you could work backwards. Depending on your operator panel the post I referenced in my recent post might be of some usefulness. I can't help imagining a small drop of solder splashed somewhere on the board or something similar. It's super easy to lift a pad when de-soldering chips ,especially when they are varnished over on both sides and that is probably at least a 2 sided board with plated through holes . I also imagine my vision blurring and my mind numbing hand entering all those parameters. Columns and rows transposing on you and such. It might not hurt to have a second set of eyes double check them for you. Sometimes I see things that aren't there and vice-versa when I get tired and frustrated.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast