Problem 18-T on a Hardinge conquest T42 stops on the G01 without any alarms.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 18-T on a Hardinge conquest T42 stops on the G01 without any alarms.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default 18-T on a Hardinge conquest T42 stops on the G01 without any alarms.

My 18-T controlled Hardinge lathe, with the spindle running will stop all axis movement as soon as it gets to the G01 line and doesn't alarm out. It just sits there indefinitely. Program runs on any other machines just fine. Runs the program in G98 but not G99. Any ideas why it won't keep going?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 18-T on a Hardinge conquest T42 stops on the G01 without any alarms.

start looking for feed overide switch if it is working or is blocked on 0.
    the second possibility is to have a M function before that is waiting for M finish signal.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by zavateandu View Post
    the second possibility is to have a M function before that is waiting for M finish signal.
    The feedrates are at 100%. It does run it in G98 inches per minute just fine but nothing in G99 inches per rev. I've looked at all the switches to make sure nothing was stuck and the checked the coolant pump, conveyor and door switch for faults but no alarms.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 18-T on a Hardinge conquest T42 stops on the G01 without any alarms.

I know it's almost impossible to diagnose a problem without being in front of it but I thought I would give it a shot.

Downloads
    Uploads

If it was an unfinished M it should time out and throw an alarm. At least it should be throwing an alarm

Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you for the reply. I've been doing this for quite a long time and I have come across a plethora of small issues that will stop a machine but this one has me stumped right now.

Downloads
    Uploads

Does the G01 have a destination? Does it require a feed demand. Is the oil reservoir full? It sounds like it's going to be a a ha moment.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by TassScott View Post
    If it was an unfinished M it should time out and throw an alarm. At least it should be throwing an alarm
    did you trust the ladder maker?

Downloads
    Uploads

[QUOTE=Johnreezreno;2271966]Does the G01 have a destination? Does it require a feed demand. Is the oil reservoir full? It sounds like it's going to be a a ha moment.

Sent from my SM-G950U using

Program reads.
    G00 T0505
    G50 S1000
    G97 S250 M03
    X7.9 Z.01
    G96 S450
    G01 X7.948 Z0. F.01
    X7.950 Z-.3125
    X1.75
    G00 Z.1
    X10.Z3.
    T0500
    M30

Machine doesn't run any program past the G01. Lube is full. I want an a ha moment. I don't care if I look stupid, I just want it to run.

Downloads
    Uploads

Is the feed command a zero (0) vs letter (O) does it maybe want a F0.01
    I'll look again but wondering if tool offset was called up.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Is the G code set to G95 (feed / rev) or G94 (feed/min) ? For that feed rate it should be G95

Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Downloads
    Uploads

did you trust the ladder maker?
    What does that statement mean?

Downloads
    Uploads

[QUOTE=Johneezreno;2272064]Is the feed command a zero (0) vs letter (O) does it maybe want a F0.01
    I'll look again but wondering if tool offset was called up.

I double checked and it is all zeros in the program not letter "O". The tool offset is called up. The machine won't go past a G1 in any program in G99 "inches per rev" but will run in G98 "inches per minute".

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Dawson View Post
    Is the G code set to G95 (feed / rev) or G94 (feed/min) ? For that feed rate it should be G95
    It's in G99 "inches per rev" and doesn't move but it will run in G98 "inches per minute".

Downloads
    Uploads

G99 and G98 it is, I am getting conflicting information. One source says G95, G96, but my book says G99, G98, so going with the book.

This makes perfect sense, with a feed rate of F0.01 and IPM, you would not be able to see it move.

Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Downloads
    Uploads

G99 and G98 it is, I am getting conflicting information. One source says G95, G96, but my book says G99, G98, so going with the book.

This makes perfect sense, with a feed rate of F0.01 and IPM, you would not be able to see it move.
    Yes in G98 IPM at a .010 feed I wouldn't be able to see it move but I changed the feed to .5 in G98 and you can see it move and see the readout changing as it moves but in G99 IPR at a .5 feed it's moving at a rate of about .0006 in Z every min at 500 RPM. A setting is set wrong or something.

Downloads
    Uploads

I can't find a parameter to change the scaling. There is a reason that I ripped out everything out of my lathe that said Fanuc on it.

The only reference to feed I can find in the parameters is 910, bit 4

Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Downloads
    Uploads

I can't find a parameter to change the scaling. There is a reason that I ripped out everything out of my lathe that said Fanuc on it.

The only reference to feed I can find in the parameters is 910, bit 4

Lol, no parameter 910 on this one.

Downloads
    Uploads

What does that statement mean?
    i had many machines on my hand that no alarm for many stuff becuase the ladder was so poor made,my point is,if the guy who made the ladder was really profesional,will alarm out even if is new year party or any other minor thing,hope you get my drift.

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes in G98 IPM at a .010 feed I wouldn't be able to see it move but I changed the feed to .5 in G98 and you can see it move and see the readout changing as it moves but in G99 IPR at a .5 feed it's moving at a rate of about .0006 in Z every min at 500 RPM. A setting is set wrong or something.
    try to use G96 and G97?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast