Fanuc 3000C

Thread: Fanuc 3000C

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Fanuc 3000C

Hi.

Hoping someone can help me out.

I have just purchased a 1978 Matsuura MC1000V with a Fanuc 3000C that I would like to get running again.

Unfortunately the previous owners appear to have remove a lot of the wiring prior to buying it (basically as scrap because of this).

My intention was to replace the 3000C with a more modern control gear, but I am struggling to find any information on what would be needed.

I have found that the X and Y motors are Getty/Fanuc AC Servo Motor 10-2000M models and the Z axis is a Getty/Fanuc AC Servo Motor 20-2000M and the spindle is a Getty/Fanuc DC Motor 5-1PM.

I have the complete 3000C etc so could canabilise bits if needed.. but I was thinking of replacing the entire system and motors with new stuff, but I can find anything that is rated at the same Nm - everything I seeing says the Z axis 20-2000M is 23Nm!

I have just purchased the manual for the Matsuura (its coming from the US to UK) so will wait for it to arrive, but does anybody have any wiring diagrams for the 3000C or even able to point me in the direction of suitable drivers and/or motors?

Thanks,

Jonathan

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Fanuc 3000C

An ambitious project. The wiring diagram will be helpful.

I did a similar retrofit on my Fanuc equipped lathe. The first thing you need to do is identify all of the inputs to the computer from limit switches and other sensors. I literally traced each cable back to each switch/sensor and created a map of the connections. Then identify all of the outputs from the computer to the various devices like relays, contactors, ect. If you are going to replace motors & drives, then don't worry about connections to the existing drives, these are going to be removed anyway. Then decide on what hardware you can use in the retrofit. My lathe retrofit was about US$7,500 by the time I was done with it.

I understand it might be possible to control the Fanuc drives with a non-Fanuc controller, but I gave up and ripped everything out that said Fanuc on it and replaced it with modern hardware.

For your axis motors/drives take a look at DMM Tech, their 1.8KW motors should be adequate. https://store.dmm-tech.com/products/...ac-servo-motor. They have a 28.7 Nm peak torque. You may not be able to have the acceleration of the original Fanuc motors, but it will move the head just fine. They move my 2000 lb lathe carriage at frightening speeds and acceleration.

You may be able to use the original DC drive for the spindle, I think those are controlled by a standard +/- 10V analog signal. You'll have to check the manual when you get it. There are modern DC servo drives available that will run the Fanuc DC spindle, you'll need the information from the motor data tag to spec that out. I can't find any specs for that motor.

Then you need to decide on what controller/software that you want that is compatible with the hardware. Then you get to sit down and draw a complete schematic for the machine and start wiring it up.

Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Fanuc 3000C

Jon,

I believe Centroid has a servo controller that will run the old Fanuc drives. I think you need to replace the encoders. The only problem is that you'd probably have to install the rest of the Centroid control system (I don't know how well it plays with other systems). Mitsubishi also has a CNC system that could replace your system, but I think it is pretty pricey.

Cj