Need Help! No DRDY signal from triple 6058 drive Fanuc 0MB

Thread: No DRDY signal from triple 6058 drive Fanuc 0MB

Downloads
    Uploads

Default No DRDY signal from triple 6058 drive Fanuc 0MB

Fanuc 0MB control with a06b-6058-h321 S series triple servo amp.
    Machine powers on, when it tries to power on the servo amp it alarms out 401
    When I watch the sequence at the drive, the contactors pull on and the DRDY light comes on briefly then the cotactors open and the DRDY led goes off. The green 5V led stays lit.
    No red alarm LEDs indicate on the drive. No breakers are tripped.
    Most of the research I have done points to a loss of the 100 volt power somewhere on the drive. Also it appears the drive needs a MCON signal from the control? Is signal generated by the control which then turns on the drive and then the drive generated a DRDY signal, or it a signal that the control generates after the DRDY signal is recieved from the drive?
    Some of the cables going to the pendant were damaged in shipping, which originaly popped a 5.0 fuse on the control power supply, That problem was found and corrected,and obvious wire damage has been repaired, but it is possible I may have other damage in a cable beneath the jacket that I cant see.
    How do I tell if the drive is receiving the MCON signal from the control. It must come in on the 3 HONDA connectors to the board, but I can't find the pins to check. I believe it is a LOW signal.
    I just wanted to eliminate any problems that might lie outside the drive before I yank it out and start poking around in there.
    Anyone have any suggestions?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: No DRDY signal from triple 6058 drive Fanuc 0MB

Still working on this. I checked and all three phases are going to the drive, The check pins for +5, -15, +15, and +20 all check fine. Apparently according to the connections manual the MCONn signal comes in to the drive on pin 12 of the MR-20 connector. GND is on pin 13 which I can reference from. I'll check the Signal on pin 12 and see what's there. Is the lower case n on all these signal a Boolean (not)? Does this mean I am looking for a logic low (0Volts)? My next step is to make up some honda connectors with pin 12 and 13 shorted as the manual says that can be used to tell a multi axis drive that an axis is not in use. I figure that I can make up three of them and see if the drive will power up and give me a DRDY signal with no inputs from the CNC.
    I'll post what I find out

Downloads
    Uploads

So, by making up 3 connectors with pins 12-13 shunted and hooking them up to the drive, overriding the MCONn signal, the drive powers up and the DRDY LED illuminates! So, it turns out the drive is likely good. Now I have to determine why the MCCONn signal is not being sent. Back to the manuals.

Downloads
    Uploads

Still digging. I cant find any reason the MCONn is not being sent. It doesn't seem to be a limit switch or interlock. All the 0700s diagnostic numbers are zeroed out. I know at one time this machine had an aftermarket pallet changer on it that is long gone. Maybe it is looking for an input from that???? Stuck.

Downloads
    Uploads

The problem seems to have cleared itself up for now. It only happens intermittently. I never really did find out why. At least I got to jog the machine around and start the spindle so I can evaluate it. Looks like bad Z thrust bearing on the ballscrew and bad spindle bearings.
    It is an old Fanuc Tape drill mate model T. cost of bearings will determine if I go any further.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Regina

alway nice to see others trying to troubleshoot in systems and how they follow a good step by step approach; but I see you have some issues in a system where a Fanuc 6058 is integrated?
    Is it possible for you to sent me a pdf of the manuals for the A06B-6058-h224[f available ofourse :-)]; I'm in a project where I have to add some automation to an old (1991) grinding machine but without any manuals; would be very helpfull to have these; my mailadres p.vegt@neitraco.nl

many thanks in advance

Downloads
    Uploads

I don't have any specific manuals for the h224, but used a ac servo manual and the zero hadrware connections manuals. Pretty sure they are already online. Let me look and I will post a link to what I have.

Downloads
    Uploads

Here you go....

https://s3.amazonaws.com/Icarus/DOCU...nuals_3067.pdf Ac servo maintenance manual
    https://jamet.com/Fanuc_Web_Manuals/...acy/61393e.pdf 0 connections manual

I ordered a duplicate amplifier that was described as emitting smoke and had a few burned resistors from ebay for spare parts before I found out my drive was good. Now that I know my drive is actually good, maybe I can repair the broken one from ebay and have a spare drive. I'll let you know how that goes. I'm resurrecting several old fanuc controls and hope to retrofit a 0MA, 0MC, and a 15MA to some even older machines. I'd be happy to share what ever I learn. It's a pretty steep curve. The older stuff is much harder than the newer stuff, but at least a guy can try and fix the old stuff. I'm a little turned off by all the repair companies that repair for 1/3 the cost of new from fanuc. I get that machine uptime is valuable, and for the big guys that works out ok. but that's not me. If you brought your car in to have the oil changes and got charged 1/3 the cost of a new car people would loose their mind. I wish I could find someone that knew this stuff and would repair for the cost of troubleshooting and parts instead of a flat rate no matter what is wrong. I am still occasionally having the MCON signal fail to come on upon power up, but a restart usually seems to clear it up. I need to get a printout of the machines ladder to figure out what conditions need to be met for the MCON to be issued. If anyone has one for a Tape Drill mate model T with the 0MB control it would be much appreciated. I also currently have the spindle tore apart for new bearings. I wish I would have known I had to take off the pulleys first and take out the upper labyrinth seal before I drove the spindle out. The seal is not cut to clear the key, so I ended up damaging it. Fanuc wants $320.00 for a new one and a 120 day wait . I reverse engineered it and made a new one, now with a keyway, in case the machine outlives me and someone else has to work on the spindle again. I hope to have the spindle back together and working this week. Next I have to replace the z axis ballscrew thrust bearing, reset all the home positions, and see what else may be wrong. Probably not worth the cost and time, but I have the time, can gain the knowledge, and the machine is already here.

Downloads
    Uploads

This has been a very helpful post for me. Havinf similar issues trying to sort out a 6058 h004 amplifier for a 4th axis on a fanuc 0MC