Fanuc 18i-TB Keep Relay Will Not Change

Thread: Fanuc 18i-TB Keep Relay Will Not Change

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Fanuc 18i-TB Keep Relay Will Not Change

Doosan Puma 2000SY with Fanuc 18i-TB control.

I was doing some electrical maintenance and backed up machine data. That process needed me to change K17:BIT1 in KEEPRL (Keep Relay). Going from ZERO to ONE was no problem, but it will not let me switch back from ONE to ZERO.
    All of our other machines do not exhibit the same behavior - they all switch from 1-0 and 0-1 by highlighting the bit pressing 1 or 0 and INPUT.

In MDI mode, PWE is set.

Any good ideas or hard answers would be much appreciated.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Fanuc 18i-TB Keep Relay Will Not Change

Place the machine into emergency stop. Some controls for whatever reason will only change in this state.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by drdos View Post
    Place the machine into emergency stop. Some controls for whatever reason will only change in this state.
    Thank you for chiming in. I did try that before leaving the shop today and it did not help. I also tried re-boot to change settings before the NC system is activated (in E-Stop).

Still scratching my head. Trying to think of anything that I may have changed by mistake.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

There may be a "coil" for that K17.1 buried somewhere in the logic. Keeping it latched on, until some other condition is satisfied.
    Maybe the machine is a little older or newer than the others and the MTB decided to modify the maintenance functions.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by bill4807 View Post
    There may be a "coil" for that K17.1 buried somewhere in the logic. Keeping it latched on, until some other condition is satisfied.
    Maybe the machine is a little older or newer than the others and the MTB decided to modify the maintenance functions.
    I did not attempt to run through the ladder, but I did figure out a solution.

In the settings I allowed the PMC to stop and then proceeded to stop the program. I was then allowed to change the K17.1 bit back to zero. I then reset the settings back to normal and power cycled the machine. Still not sure why that is or if it is normal for that machine.

All seems to be well now.....off to dive into the live tool drive to see if I can fix that too.

Downloads
    Uploads

Stopping the ladder before changing any pc parameters is good practice on any control.