AL-12 spindle servo alarm Fanuc OM shuts down when it comes to clearance /M5/M9

Thread: AL-12 spindle servo alarm Fanuc OM shuts down when it comes to clearance /M5/M9

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default AL-12 spindle servo alarm Fanuc OM shuts down when it comes to clearance /M5/M9

I have an older fanuc controlled machine and for the last little while we have been having an intermittent issue. Someti.es when a tool is finished its program and it comes to clearance the machine shuts down and enters "not ready" state. When i say intermittent i mean 5 to 10 times a day but not every time.

When it shuts down the digital display on the spindle drive gives an alarm. I cant remember the number as i am home now but i looked it up and it was something to do with a voltage variance or drop.

I am guessing a broken wire but we are trying to finish a job and i am scared to stop and start looking until we nurse it through the job.

Right now i am trying to do a bit of research to see if there is any other area i may look. We did the once over checking wire connections and some simple stuff. I hate intermittent problems. Can be so hard to sort out sometimes. I will look up the alarm number and post that in the morning.

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by kirby; 01-08-2019 at 07:39 AM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by kirby View Post
    I have an older fanuc controlled machine and for the last little while we have been having an intermittent issue. Someti.es when a tool is finished its program and it comes to clearance the machine shuts down and enters "not ready" state. When i say intermittent i mean 5 to 10 times a day but not every time.

When it shuts down the digital display on the spindle drive gives an alarm. I cant remember the number as i am home now but i looked it up and it was something to do with a voltage variance or drop.

I am guessing a broken wire but we are trying to finish a job and i am scared to stop and start looking until we nurse it through the job.

Right now i am trying to do a bit of research to see if there is any other area i may look. We did the once over checking wire connections and some simple stuff. I hate intermittent problems. Can be so hard to sort out sometimes. I will look up the alarm number and post that in the morning.
    Now the machine is down and i cant get it back.not sure if it is relevant or not but in the diagnostic parameters page parameter 0054 has the 4 numbers on the left flashing between 0 and 1 as well as parameter 0058 has the 4 on the right flashing as well.