Need Help! Locking 4th Axis Freezes Machine

Thread: Locking 4th Axis Freezes Machine

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Locking 4th Axis Freezes Machine

Hello,

I use a machine that uses a Fanuc 0i-MC controller. My M codes for unlocking/locking the 4th axis clamp are M36 and M35 respectfully. My problem is that whenever I use a M35 code the machine will activate the brake as intended but will then freeze and not proceed onto the next line. The only thing that will unfreeze the machine is hitting the reset button.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you!

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Locking 4th Axis Freezes Machine

Greetings,

Sounds like it's waiting for a finish signal. Not certain of your 4th axis make and model, but there is a good chance that you have mechanical trip dogs under a cover somewhere that trigger a switch that tells the computer the clamping action is done and successful. It's possible that the signal is not making it because the clamping mechanism is not fully actuating, or the switch/dog interface is out of adjustment, or a wire to that switch is broken somewhere. Of the two cables that go to your rotary, it's likely the one that feeds the motor and not the encoder. Note this info relates to many Tsudakoma tables. Maybe not yours.

Dave

Downloads
    Uploads

It can also be a pressure switch the finishes the clamp Mcode.

Downloads
    Uploads

the_gentlegiant

Hello,

Thanks for the reply! My 4th axis is a Tanshing MRNC - 255. We just bought new cables for the 4th axis so it is possible that it could be a cable issue but I believe the issue was already present before the new cables. I will check the motor cable again.

Thanks for the other suggestions, I will have to consult the manual to see if it mentions the switch/dog interface or where it might be located.

Tyler

- - - Updated - - -

generaldisarray:

How could I check this?

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi TMC,

Don't hold me to this, but I think the Tanshin are similar to the Tsudakoma. If you have dogs or switches, they'll be under a cover somewhere. A cover on the body of the table more so than one as part of the motor housing. There may even be a wiring diagram or switch call-out on a metal tag on the outside of the table. Careful when removing covers. If you get the wrong one a bunch of oil could leak out. Note that those dogs/switches can also control things like deceleration leading to a grid shift when zero returning the thing. Also like Mr. Disarray said, maybe just a pressure switch of sorts, perhaps located in or near the clamp cylinder or air over hydraulics housing. Sorry, some of this might not relate to your particular table.
    Dave

Downloads
    Uploads

Hey,

We had the same problem with our Tanshing MRNC-255 on a Fanuc-0i-MF control.
    When we start/run the program for first time or at the beginning of new day we unclamp the 4th-axis by hand/button.
    We don't program an unclamp-code at the beginning of the program and start with rotation and then clamp, etc.
    We also added a small delay-time after unclamping, G04 X0.25 (0,25 sec.) maybe that will help aswell.

Regards,
    Heavy_Metal.