Fanuc 18i_M Machining Speed

Thread: Fanuc 18i_M Machining Speed

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Fanuc 18i_M Machining Speed

Hi, I am looking at purchasing a Mitsubishi MV5 mill with Fanuc 18i-M control a 2000 model year. My question is related to running high speed machining paths on it. It says it can machine up to 400"/min. Which is plenty. But does anybody have any experience with running modern high speed paths. I use fusion 360 and cut aluminum and use a lot of the high speed roughing passes. Can the control process the high speed paths? Up to like 250"/min would be fine.

I would hate to buy the machine to find out it cant run over 75"/min or something.

Thanks Much!

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Fanuc 18i_M Machining Speed

That control is a 18iA. High speed machining may require hardware/software options, What are the current specs for that machine?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

It is from a machine dealer. Is there certain specs I could ask them about? It has 1181 "/min rapids with a said 400"/min feed.

Downloads
    Uploads

400 ipm is pretty fast. I am not sure how the control is configured to accommodate that, and if options have to be installed/activated for this. My option list is rather cryptic.
    Can the dealer give you the NC parameter file (has to download it) and the MINFO file? (has to download it)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Getting them to download those files might be a stretch. I don't known the relationship between being able to cut at a feed of 400"/min and that of processing the code fast enough to run toroidal tool paths. I really want this machine for its other specs but I can't get much clarity on its performance. Its not a local dealer so that makes things harder. Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

I would strongly suggest you take a program and try to run it. You dont have to actually cut anything to see if it acts like one of these hobbled up Haas mills.

I dont know if G08.1 /G05.1 was a thing in 2000. Plus Mits mills are not usually sold as upmarket machines, right?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

"Plus Mits mills are not usually sold as upmarket machines, right?"

Not sure what you mean by this. Can you explain. I don't know much about the history of Mitsubishi Mills to be honest.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Markiewicz55 View Post
    "Plus Mits mills are not usually sold as upmarket machines, right?"

Not sure what you mean by this. Can you explain. I don't know much about the history of Mitsubishi Mills to be honest.
    I just dont remember them being sold with alot of included fancy options. More of a robust production machine.

Downloads
    Uploads

It is about how many blocks that the control can look ahead and what type of programming that you are doing
    you maybe able to achieve 400ipm in a straight line/long arc but can the control process the information fast enough to do dynamic/tricordal or any of the other types of cam programs that use many line/arcs with small moves to machine the part