Need Help! Fanuc Oi-TD Work Shift Offset is Way Off

Thread: Fanuc Oi-TD Work Shift Offset is Way Off

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Fanuc Oi-TD Work Shift Offset is Way Off

Hello,

We just got in a 2012 Hwacheon HI-Tech 200A lathe with a Fanuc Oi-TD controller. I'm fairly familiar with these machines and the Fanuc controller, as we have a 2008 Hi-Tech with a Oi-TC controller. So i'm scratching my head here trying to figure out why this machine won't set my workshift offset correctly. I go through my typical routine of setting the tool off the pre-setter, face off the part and set my ZERO > INPUT in the Z Measurement box.

Well once I go to start the program, my tool wants to go an extra 10 inches past my part. I double checked my tool on the pre-setter with the same result. Has anyone experienced anything like this with an Oi controller? I know Fanuc can be a little inconsistent between controllers, maybe am I doing something wrong here?

I attached some picture of my work shift offset page, along with a second image with the program running and distance to go active.

Thanks for the help.

Edit: Our other machine just finished a job so I was able to compare them side by side. Our working machine sets the workshift offset off (only what I can assume) is the toolsetter location, and this new machine always inputs the Machine Z coordinate as the shift value. I hope that makes sense. Maybe they were not using the tool setter and I need to adjust parameters/settings for this to work.

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fanuc Oi-TD Work Shift Offset is Way Off-cnc-2-jpg   Fanuc Oi-TD Work Shift Offset is Way Off-cnc-1-jpg  
    Last edited by Jonsmachine; 11-05-2018 at 01:34 PM.
    - Matt

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Fanuc Oi-TD Work Shift Offset is Way Off

Is the probe set correctly ?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mbservice View Post
    Is the probe set correctly ?
    Fanuc Oi-TD Work Shift Offset is Way Off-cnc-3-jpgFanuc Oi-TD Work Shift Offset is Way Off-cnc-4-jpg

That's what I'm leaning towards too. I've been digging around in the tool setter parameters and I found that the ZM 5018 parameter is empty. Now I'm working on adjusting that parameter and see if something changes.

- Matt

Downloads
    Uploads

i think they do not use the setter but use the tool number 1 as set the Z0,cut off the face of piece and set 0 in the shift value and tool number 1 has no geometry in offset on Z value and all other tools are called and measured as Z0 touching the face of the piece.

Downloads
    Uploads

So I figured out the issue today, it was all in the 5015-5018 parameters that needed to be adjusted in a metric format. It looks like the previous owners just used the Q setter for the OD/ID and set the tool manually off the part. Now everything is working perfectly when I ZERO > INPUT in the measurement work shift.

I also found out why this machine was giving me the machine zero in the shift value, unlike our other Hwacheon. Our other Hwacheon had coordinates inputed into the G54 offset, so when I set the zero it gave me a shift value relative to those coordinates. Eventually I will have to clear out the G54 and re-dial in the Q setter like I did with this new one. Phew, I'm glad this is over! Thanks again everyone.

- Matt