repairing drive board a16b-1100-0200

Thread: repairing drive board a16b-1100-0200

Downloads
    Uploads

Default repairing drive board a16b-1100-0200

can anyone give some advice on repairing fanuc drive boards?

I have one that wont power up. no PIL light. there is no power on the voltage test points.

the problem is on this board as I have another that boots fine when it is pluged in.

I have circled the bits that I think are involved in power supply. pn the top right there are two voltage regulators 15v+ and 15V- but the board also has a 5V test point and a 24V test pont and I can't find any other regulators.

the yellow stickered box in the lower left is some sort of transforma from what i have googled. i have swaped it for a good one and it is working.

there is a rectifyer next to it on the edge of the board and another transformer near the 15v regulators.

I'm going to test and replace these components to see if i can get the board working. is there anything else I'm missing?

repairing drive board a16b-1100-0200-a16b-1100-0200-jpg

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: repairing drive board a16b-1100-0200

what does the 24V output power ??
    does it need to be regulated ?

going by your description ,
    I suspect the onboard switch mode power supply only regulates the +5V output
    and provides plus & minus 20 to 25V to power the two 15V regulators ( 7815 & 7915 ?)

John

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: repairing drive board a16b-1100-0200

Quote Originally Posted by john-100 View Post
    what does the 24V output power ??
    does it need to be regulated ?

going by your description ,
    I suspect the onboard switch mode power supply only regulates the +5V output
    and provides plus & minus 20 to 25V to power the two 15V regulators ( 7815 & 7915 ?)

John
    I don't really know anything about power supplies so I'm realy looking for advice.

after a bit more research I think you are right the 24V isn't regulated. the big transformer when you peal of the fanuc lable has 25b07 that my indicate a 25V output. I can't google any specs.
    after researching switch mode power suplies it looks like the big capacitor is on the input of the transformer and the fet between the capacitor and transformer is for the powersuply drive?

the transformer looks ok and not melted/ burnt out (my working one has much more heat effects). Can I assume that the fet is ok or the transformer would burn up?

I'll do some more voltage tests but hopfully it is just the 7815 and 7915 voltage regulators that have blown.
    repairing drive board a16b-1100-0200-voltages-jpg