Need Help! Mac V1-E 21M does not have DNC

Thread: Mac V1-E 21M does not have DNC

Default Mac V1-E 21M does not have DNC

Our shop runs a Takisawa Mac V1E with a Fanuc 21-MB controller and it only has 32kb of onboard memory which is not a lot. Problem is I can't seen to figure out how to run either DNC or read from a flash card. It does not have a card reader on the front but has one on the board in the back but even when installed it will not see it as far as I can tell. I usually download programs through the RS232 via Ethernet no problem but only to upload and download programs onto the main memory. It only allows me to choose from I/O inputs 0-2 and changing what the called is supposed to read doesn't seem to bring up the card. I've tried to research this but I can't find any information that doesn't start with turn on tape mode which this does not have a switch for, or a RMT mode buried in a menu somewhere. I'd like to have a more usable amount of memory on this machine since I have to operate it and I feel like it shouldn't be this hard. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by thebestjessins; 09-17-2018 at 11:55 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Mac V1-E 21M does not have DNC

Fanuc only allowed the i-series controls to use the pcmcia card for dnc or regular data storage. The maximum program memory for that control is 320m (128k).

Ok, so is there a way to access this 128k memory? Is it actually a different chipset or the usual parameter edit situation?

Also you didn't say that I can't drip feed through the rs232 so is that an option? I can't believe they just left this machine with no options. Unless this was some sort of business model that Fanuc ran with. I did attempt to adjust the machine parameters to the 320m memory setting from the 60m it's on now but it just reverts it back after it fails to read that much memory. Is it still a thing where the memory card for this machine is some crazy amount of money as well? I don't see anything for same for the 21 series on memex and I don't know what to search for elsewhere.

Downloads
    Uploads

Memex only knows what I tell them...
    There is 256k base sram on the main board, with an optional 256k on the spindle module. If you have the optional sram, it will show up on the SYSTEM CONFIG page.
    There are two different spindle modules with the optional sram: A20B-2901-0760 for analog spindle, and A20B-2901-0761 for serial spindle. They are on Ebay.
    As to DNC via RS232, I don't know. Probably an option.

Downloads
    Uploads

No option for DNC from rs232 without memory buffer.
    Only to Check if dnc signal is programmed in the ladder .or may be you have a remote mode on your operator panel witch set dnc mode to 1 .