Fanuc Motor Voltage Question

Thread: Fanuc Motor Voltage Question

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Fanuc Motor Voltage Question

I am going to be driving some red top Fanuc motors and I have a question about the drive supply voltage.

The motor nameplate voltage section varies on all the motors I am using (48V - 127V) but the "PERM. MAG. FIELD" section on the nameplate all say 200V Inverter

Does this mean I can just use a 200V power supply for all the motors? Or will I need a separate voltage for each motor?

Attached it an example nameplate

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fanuc Motor Voltage Question-motorexample-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Fanuc Motor Voltage Question

The max voltage is set in the inverter. You would run them with a 200 volt class inverter. The real question is: How do you plan on commutating them? Are you using the Fanuc inverters? I went through this a few months ago and gave up trying to untangle the commutation issues and just repowered the machine with DMM servos.

Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have a test motor running already, I used a mesa card to talk to the serial encoder and it can retrieve the commutation data from that.
    I am using a mesa 8i20 to drive the motor, but just with a 48V power supply until I can figure out what the correct voltage to use is.

So I am still not sure if I should just run 200V to the drives and then limit the current to the nameplate?

Downloads
    Uploads

OK, you have the commutation figured out I couldn't use a Mesa card in my system.

What you propose might work.

Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA