FANUC 6 Model B, BMU Upgrade to SRAM 1M-4 A16B-2201-0130 Initialization Procedure

Thread: FANUC 6 Model B, BMU Upgrade to SRAM 1M-4 A16B-2201-0130 Initialization Procedure

Downloads
    Uploads

Default FANUC 6 Model B, BMU Upgrade to SRAM 1M-4 A16B-2201-0130 Initialization Procedure

Does anyone have the Initialization Procedure for the SRAM 1M-4 A16B-2201-0130 BMU Upgrade PCB. I'll see if I can get it from FANUC tomorrow, but I'd like to get an early start tomorrow. If you can help I'll definitely owe you. I'm a service engineer with 32 years of on the job experience and I have collected a mass of info over the years. I've been in business since 1992 as Sylvis Engineering in the Phoenix valley area. I just haven't run into this issue before. I've got a 6T-B control that's halting on the BUBBLE READ screen during boot up - intermittantly. The board has been in service for years. I've swapped out the SRAM PCB and the motherboard, and I think the next step is to re-initialize the memory. Any help would be greatly appreciated and I would be more than willing to trade procedures if I have something you need. Actually I have always been willing to share my knowledge with no strings attached. Anyway, thanks in advance!

-Ed Sylvis

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: FANUC 6 Model B, BMU Upgrade to SRAM 1M-4 A16B-2201-0130 Initialization Procedure

Well FANUC was no help... as usual. I know you don't "Initialize" this board as you do the BMU, as it's Static RAM, not Bubble Memory! I know there is a procedure that clears the board other than using [0] + [DELETE] and Power On, which just hangs the control. I suppose I could just clear the programs & parameters separately, but that doesn't necessarily clear all of the memory. I could also put it in an FS11 control ans use [7] + [9] and Power On, which might work, but still might not do what I need done. There is a factory clear procedure that is what I'm looking for. I guess I'll try calling Tennessee Industrial and have a chat with their engineers. I'll post any results I find in case someone searches for an answer to a similar problem. I notice there are a lot of posts that go unanswered on this site. So if nobody else can help, I guess I'll answer my own post.

-Ed

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: FANUC 6 Model B, BMU Upgrade to SRAM 1M-4 A16B-2201-0130 Initialization Procedure

We have been making our own SRAM BMU replacement since 1991. We clear our boards using [0] + [DELETE] and having the PWE switch 'ON', but NOT the FME switch.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the reply memoryman, I appreciate it. The FANUC board is a little different, though I do agree that [0] + [DELETE] should work. These boards just hang up on the BUBBLE READ screen, which I believe is a software issue with this 6T-B control. Version M52 is supposed to support the SRAM PCB, but that doesn't mean 100%. There is a procedure that should clear/initialize the FANUC SRAM board by jumping check pins on the board plus a power on procedure - probably the [0] + [DELETE] procedure. I'll post it after I verify that it is what I think it is... unless somebody out there has the procedure and posts it first. Anybody?

-Ed

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Maybe with the IL-menu? Power on with - and .

Downloads
    Uploads

No, you can test memory in the IPL mode, but not initialize it. The SRAM Memory board is an upgrade from Bubble Memory, so the IPL mode software wouldn't know what to do with it. Thanks for replying, though, it is very much appreciated.

-Ed

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I agree that the software doesn't know it is
    Sram. But it is the same if you power on with 0+delete.
    I would give it at try.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Robowi, thank you for your reply. As I have written twice in previous posts, I tried [0] + [DELETE] and "Power-On", which always hangs the control in the "BUBBLE READ" screen. Tried with two different motherboards and two different memory boards, both of which work in other machines. The only difference is the software and I am temped to upgrade this machine's software to a newer series & version. I would like to try to get the procedure that is specific to this SRAM PCB and which I know exits, before I resort to upgrading the software or initialing this SRAM board in a machine that has later software. Currently those machines are running hot jobs and are not available to me. The machine in question is running at the moment -- I individually cleared program memory & parameter memory, then reloaded each respectively and subsequently cleared the offsets by O-9999 [INPUT]. This seems to have worked, but I would still like to get the procedure. I have a gut feeling that the problem is going to reoccur... call it 32 years of experience as a service engineer, I guess. I want to be ready just in case and I know the procedure exists. I'd also like to post it here for future reference if someone else has a similar problem and does a search here for an answer. I hate leaving a thread unanswered as I have seen so many times in the past. I guess I'm too tenacious for my own good sometimes, but that's probably one of the things that makes me a good service engineer.

-Ed

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Absent_Minded View Post
    Hi Robowi, thank you for your reply. As I have written twice in previous posts, I tried [0] + [DELETE] and "Power-On", which always hangs the control in the "BUBBLE READ" screen. Tried with two different motherboards and two different memory boards, both of which work in other machines. The only difference is the software and I am temped to upgrade this machine's software to a newer series & version. I would like to try to get the procedure that is specific to this SRAM PCB and which I know exits, before I resort to upgrading the software or initialing this SRAM board in a machine that has later software. Currently those machines are running hot jobs and are not available to me. The machine in question is running at the moment -- I individually cleared program memory & parameter memory, then reloaded each respectively and subsequently cleared the offsets by O-9999 [INPUT]. This seems to have worked, but I would still like to get the procedure. I have a gut feeling that the problem is going to reoccur... call it 32 years of experience as a service engineer, I guess. I want to be ready just in case and I know the procedure exists. I'd also like to post it here for future reference if someone else has a similar problem and does a search here for an answer. I hate leaving a thread unanswered as I have seen so many times in the past. I guess I'm too tenacious for my own good sometimes, but that's probably one of the things that makes me a good service engineer.

-Ed
    The procedure is init pin to ground for 30 seconds.

Need help call me at 978-660-0332.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you very much, jdeere4250!

-Ed