Dnc on a fanuc 0ma

Thread: Dnc on a fanuc 0ma

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Dnc on a fanuc 0ma

I know this may be a lost cause but I have two supermax machines. One Has a 0mc control and the other a 0ma control. I am able the dnc with the 0mc by enabling G127.5 in MDI mode by entering M51. Then it switches G127.5 off after a m30 command in the program. Everything works great. After figuring this out I was wondering if it could be done with the 0ma control.

I realize that DNC operations was not available for most of the 0ma controls but I had heard there are some out there that do. The only reason I am proceeding with this is that when I purchased the 0ma machine 10 years ago the previous owner said that he was pretty sure he had done DNC with it before.

So the supermax macines do not have a tape mode on the operators panel but they wrote it into the ladder on the 0mc control to be activated with M51. I was wondering if they enabled it on the 0ma in the ladder the same way. So when I enter M51 in MDI mode the machine actually does something. It activates the cycle start light on the operators panel. On the 0mc the same light flashes after a M51 code but then goes out. On the 0mc you switch to auto mode and then enter the program number (o0001 for instance) and press output start and lsk flashes until you send the program from the computer. Dnc operation then works as it should.

After entering M51 in MDI mode on the 0ma control cycle start lights up but you can not switch to the program page in auto mode and enter the program number and output start. And there is never a lsk on the screen. So from what I can tell there is something in the ladder which allows for M51 to do something but beyond that something is missing. I don't know if it is a parameter that needs to be changed or something else.

I would appreciate if someone could let me know if they have any experience with this or any ideas for where to proceed.

Thanks Scott

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Dnc on a fanuc 0ma

FA0A has DNC option as well
    do you have ladder listing? look there to find what signal turns G127.5 on
    on my machine it is one of the buttons on Fanuc operator's panel

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by guhl View Post
    FA0A has DNC option as well
    do you have ladder listing? look there to find what signal turns G127.5 on
    on my machine it is one of the buttons on Fanuc operator's panel
    On the 0ma control I do not have access to view the ladder, and I do not have a hard copy.

Downloads
    Uploads

it's real to upload your ladder, but need to know what type of PMC your machine uses
    what is in parameter 905?

Downloads
    Uploads

I believe it is PMC model L

Downloads
    Uploads

I just wanted to clarify I was never able to activate g127.5 on the 0ma control with a M51 command. Just on the 0mc control

Downloads
    Uploads

MTB defnes what signal activates G127.5 and burn it in ladder
    it may be M-code or button or switch (any input condition)