Post method for Backing up the turret before long boring bar swings into place?

Thread: Post method for Backing up the turret before long boring bar swings into place?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Post method for Backing up the turret before long boring bar swings into place?

Guys (and Gals?) - I wondered if any of you are using a neat method in the post (the Post always remembers - unlike me) to back the turret up before swinging a long boring bar into place after running a short shank-type turning tool, in the same turret, has just run. You can imagine - we're 6 inches from the chuck and an 8" boring bar comes out. Yikes!

The Lathe has a Mazak T32 control if that matters but its basically Fanuc G-code. I've tried using the boring bar offset with the stick tool, like T0826, but the boring bar's X offset gets used too and so, still it moves the leaving tool toward the chuck, because of course to get the tool tip of a large boring bar to the same point the stick tool tip is, you need to bring the turret slide way down, so the stick tool moves toward the chuck an unhealthy amount.

Maybe the tool change unit can see, thru MasterCam, that the next tool is a boring bar and add 10" to the existing position? I appreciate the help!