need help DC alarm on A06B-6050-H402

Thread: need help DC alarm on A06B-6050-H402

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default need help DC alarm on A06B-6050-H402

Hey. anyone out there a fanuc tech? I have this Bridgeport Interact 720x with Heidenhain control and Fanuc A06B-6050-H402 velocity drive.

I was getting a dc alarm with axis fault soon after enabling the drive, sometimes right away, sometimes while homing. if it made it through home then id get a possitioning error and the dc alarm. also different tg alarms depending which axis i had enabled, or was moving, etc. after a lengthy call to an old bridgeport tech, we narrowed it down to the axis drive.

a little background on why we think this problem happened in the first place. this machine wasnt grounded real well, and the electric where i'm trying to use it is crap. like, lights dim when the compressor come on type of crap. also, aparently, the wiring over to the machine is too low a guage. i couldnt start the spindle at i higher rpm, i had to start it low and ramp it up or a fault would happen. ( in my defense, this is my first machine, bought for next to nothing, and i taught myself how to use it, and i really didnt expect it to last very long to begin with, but then it lasted like almost 5 years now and i want to actual fix it and fix the witrring and **** moving forward)

anway, in the manual for the drive, under troubleshooting, and dc alarm, the only things to do are replace transistor Q1 (part # A50L-0001-0126) or replace PCB. anyone know how often that $60 Q1 resistor is the problem? the cost for the unit repair seems to be about $3500, no matter what they find wrong with it, which is bull****. so I'm asking, does anyone know if i should or should not waste time ordering the Q1?

I need to get the machine back up and running asap, so if that resistor never blows, then no point in wasting extra days trying it. but if theres a chance to save $3340, i'm down. also, if i need to repair the PCB, anyone know someone who does it for parts and labor, and not a ridiculous set fee?