Need Help! Fanuc 6T controller freezes after rs232 transfer

Thread: Fanuc 6T controller freezes after rs232 transfer

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Fanuc 6T controller freezes after rs232 transfer

Hi,
    I have a small problem with my old Mazak ST-15 Fanuc 6T-B i think ( over 160 parameters ). I have a laptop with a USB-RS232 adapter using PCComm for file transfer. The rs232 cable came with the machine and was working fine according to the previous owner.

However, if i set tape edit and tranfer let´s say O0100 the controller shows O0100 in the top of the screen then freezes. It will not respond to anything except emergency stop, if i release the E-stop again i get the not ready alarm. The only way to get out is to restart the system. Then i can open and run the O0100 program without any issues.

Do someone know anything that can point me in the right direction here? And if i could have all the correct parameter settings for my controller it would be great. The 311 parameter was set to 00001001 when i bought it, i have tried other setups as well ( reading this forum and others ) but i only get alarm 085 or 087 or a controller freeze.

Thanks

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I’ve seen this happen when there’s a problem with the program that was uploaded. Be sure there’s a % at the end of the program you’re uploading maybe try a smaller simpler program to see if the same thing happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Oviksnc View Post
    Hi,
    I have a small problem with my old Mazak ST-15 Fanuc 6T-B i think ( over 160 parameters ). I have a laptop with a USB-RS232 adapter using PCComm for file transfer. The rs232 cable came with the machine and was working fine according to the previous owner.

However, if i set tape edit and tranfer let´s say O0100 the controller shows O0100 in the top of the screen then freezes. It will not respond to anything except emergency stop, if i release the E-stop again i get the not ready alarm. The only way to get out is to restart the system. Then i can open and run the O0100 program without any issues.

Do someone know anything that can point me in the right direction here? And if i could have all the correct parameter settings for my controller it would be great. The 311 parameter was set to 00001001 when i bought it, i have tried other setups as well ( reading this forum and others ) but i only get alarm 085 or 087 or a controller freeze.

Thanks

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Fanuc 6T controller freezes after rs232 transfer

Thanks Mike,
    I finally solved the problem, it was something with my dnc program that caused it. I tried another DNC transfer software and it works perfectly.