Newbie Mazak SQT18M MP Scale

Thread: Mazak SQT18M MP Scale

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Mazak SQT18M MP Scale

Hey guys!! Still pretty new to this so bare with me. I'm working on a SQT18 and I'm having some issues with my Mitsubishi MP Rotary scale. I have seen some brilliant stuff on here and was wondering if anyone here has had any luck with cleaning/repairing this type of scale? I believe this scale doubles as the encoder for C axis but I could be mistaken. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Mazak SQT18M MP Scale

For anybody who might be reading this looking for answers. I was told by Mitsubishi the Scale could not be repaired. They stated " the way the part is assembled, if you try to disassemble it you will ruin it" . So like any good service tech I ignored what they said HA ( I mean the part is bad, whats the worst I could do right?!) This particular part is pressed together with it's own internal bearing. I carefully separated the pieces of this part and cleaned everything ( except the bearing) with de natured alcohol. Very carefully pressed everything back together and re-installed into my machine. Just out of curiosity because let's face it $6,919 is a good bit to spend on a part. After re-installing said part and re-assembling my machine I proceeded to put it to the test. From 1rpm-1,000rpm and back, forward and reverse, small jumps in speed, large jumps in speed. I am happy to say that this part works like a charm now. A few hours of labor and about $2 worth of de-natured alcohol later I managed to save $7k. Hope this helps anyone who might be looking for answers on this particular subject.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have a SQT10MS with the same sensor. The bearing in the sensor is extremely noisy and needs replacing the sensor still works as expected.Did you happen to document what the bearing is and any tricks to getting it apart without damaging anything.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I do not have the information for that bearing as mine was not bad. As far as taking it apart, i used a very large flat head screwdriver wrapped in cloth and went around the entire circumference prying little by little. There is a thin layer of foil that covers the face of 1 pc. it is very important not to damage that foil. once you get those separated the bearing and spacer should just slide off. The 2 pressed faces hold the bearing in so no need to pry bearing off once this is apart. clean very well and shine the foil up with a microfiber rag. Then i used 2 small pcs of brass on either side of the face with a steel block across the 2 to press it back together, the bearing spacer will keep you from pressing it to far together. hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by HVACturnedCNC View Post
    For anybody who might be reading this looking for answers. I was told by Mitsubishi the Scale could not be repaired. They stated " the way the part is assembled, if you try to disassemble it you will ruin it" . So like any good service tech I ignored what they said HA ( I mean the part is bad, whats the worst I could do right?!) This particular part is pressed together with it's own internal bearing. I carefully separated the pieces of this part and cleaned everything ( except the bearing) with de natured alcohol. Very carefully pressed everything back together and re-installed into my machine. Just out of curiosity because let's face it $6,919 is a good bit to spend on a part. After re-installing said part and re-assembling my machine I proceeded to put it to the test. From 1rpm-1,000rpm and back, forward and reverse, small jumps in speed, large jumps in speed. I am happy to say that this part works like a charm now. A few hours of labor and about $2 worth of de-natured alcohol later I managed to save $7k. Hope this helps anyone who might be looking for answers on this particular subject.
    Good Evening,

I know it has been a while since you posted this, but I am having some problems with my C axis not tracking correctly. And I was told, like you, that it costs a fortune to repair it. I am a mr. Fix EVERYTHING guy. I was wondering if you could provide me with any minor information you might have on this? Where the sensor is located. How to get to it. and any little info that would be good to know like not damaging the foil on the surface.

Please let me know. I have a few hours to save that fortune, lol.

Mark