Fanuc OM-C Probe macro

Thread: Fanuc OM-C Probe macro

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Fanuc OM-C Probe macro

I'm trying to write some simple macro to set Z-tool offset of a Renishaw ts20 probe. I got the basics so that I write the current Z machine position to the current tool offset when the Z stops off the high speed skip signal.

Then I started reading some about macros and I see that when going with a spindle probe from Renishaw many are recommending the inspection plus macros from Renishaw to go with it. This covers tool probing and all possible probe setups that I can think of when reading through the manual. It also has some nice routines for probing out offsets in the probe tips and so on.. Seems WAY overkill for a home setup like mine :P

Should I just give up writing my own macros and start saving for inspection plus? Is there anyone that has made their own basic set of macros that has shared them online or is doing it from scratch the only option?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Fanuc OM-C Probe macro

This book has a chapter on probing
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/0071713328
    You may write your own routines.

Downloads
    Uploads

I got it sorted. Ended up with macros from renishaw since they where so nice and integrated into fusion 360 ^^

I do have a little follow up regarding connecting this to my machine but maybe this isn't the proper thread for that.. I'll try I was planning on using a MI8 interface on the high speed skip input (this is 5V with 3.3k load resistor). Then my probe arrived with a SCM module instead and since my interface has not arrived yet I was wondering if I could do some testing with the signal condition module directly to the regular skip input. This is 24V but I can't find any info about the size of the load resistor on the fanuc board. Does anyone know? Maybe I should just wait a few days until the MI8 arrives ^^
    Fanuc OM-C Probe macro-probe-jpgFanuc OM-C Probe macro-fanucin-jpg

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fanuc OM-C Probe macro-probe-jpg   Fanuc OM-C Probe macro-fanucin-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Sketched up a pull up resistor connection of the probe using a 10k I had lying around. This should give me a inverted input so that the NC probe is giving a zero at the input when it's not touching and a 1 when it's touching and with a current of 2.4mA. I might use two 10k in paralell to double the current. I've never done this before so I'm prepared to see some magic smoke lol

Fanuc OM-C Probe macro-32116844_10160232642725234_842263316041564160_n-jpg

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fanuc OM-C Probe macro-32116844_10160232642725234_842263316041564160_n-jpg